Injury Injuries 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we can get Davis a final game by years end to farewell him properly, but it’s getting tough to see him holding up for it
Absolutely agree that we should give Phil a final game to farewell him for his services. He has been an inaugural giant, inaugural (co)captain and has been a fantastic mentor and support to the rest of his team.

His current injury will rule him out for the Richmond and Fremantle home games, and even the July 8 Hawthorn match. So if the club wants to give him a farewell home match, that just leaves the Sydney and Essendon games at Giants Stadium and the Gold Coast game at Manuka.

Absolutely agree that we should give Phil a final game to farewell him for his services. He has been an inaugural giant, inaugural (co)captain and has been a fantastic mentor and support to the rest of his team.

His current injury will rule him out for the Richmond and Fremantle home games, and even the July 8 Hawthorn match. So if the club wants to give him a farewell home match, that just leaves the Sydney and Essendon games at Giants Stadium and the Gold Coast game at Manuka.
It's gotta be Sydney then right?

But we actually want to win that one... poor sod. He's been sounding increasingly depressed on Footy Phil. Trying to hide it well, but you can hear it.

It's gotta be Sydney then right?

But we actually want to win that one... poor sod. He's been sounding increasingly depressed on Footy Phil. Trying to hide it well, but you can hear it.
It could be the Essendon game, as it’s the last game of the season, if we are not in finals contention by then? I know there’s no room for sentiment in professional AFL games and Kingsley will pick the best side available, but it would be nice to have a farewell home match for Phil

This week's injury list:

Injury List – May 29

Harry HimmelbergConcussionTBC
Nick HaynesConcussion protocols/infection1 week
Leek AleerAnkle1-2 weeks
Conor StoneBack1-2 weeks
Jacob WehrShoulder2-4 weeks
Josh KellyHamstring3 weeks
Isaac CummingCalf3 weeks
Sam TaylorHamstring4 weeks
Phil DavisCalf4-5 weeks
Braydon PreussBackTBC
Cooper HamiltonFootTBC
Darcy JonesKneeSeason
Adam KennedyKneeSeason

This week's injury list:

Injury List – May 29

Harry HimmelbergConcussionTBC
Nick HaynesConcussion protocols/infection1 week
Leek AleerAnkle1-2 weeks
Conor StoneBack1-2 weeks
Jacob WehrShoulder2-4 weeks
Josh KellyHamstring3 weeks
Isaac CummingCalf3 weeks
Sam TaylorHamstring4 weeks
Phil DavisCalf4-5 weeks
Braydon PreussBackTBC
Cooper HamiltonFootTBC
Darcy JonesKneeSeason
Adam KennedyKneeSeason

Preuss (and Hamilton) are still TBC? That was also their status last week. I hope Preuss recovers well, but not sure how many games he will play for us given how capably Flynn/ Briggs have stepped up. Preuss’s contract is also up this year, but he has had a horrible run of injuries since he joined at the start of the 2021 season- just 10 games played for us.

Daniels, Kelly, Cumming and Taylor would be handy ins after the bye
Yes, most of our players will be available after the bye with the exception of Kennedy, Darcy and Davies. Concerned that Preuss is still TBC now for a couple of weeks now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss now TBC for a month now. I know we got Briggs (with Flynn as a backup), but Preuss has had no luck with injuries- he has only played 10 games since he joined us in 2021.

Mentioned in the Game Day thread, but when have we had only 5 on the injury list?

Considering how the team is going at the moment, I would suggest Daniels is the only certainty who would be missing from the best 22.

Based on our history of players out with injury, it's insane having so many available.

Mentioned in the Game Day thread, but when have we had only 5 on the injury list?

Considering how the team is going at the moment, I would suggest Daniels is the only certainty who would be missing from the best 22.

Based on our history of players out with injury, it's insane having so many available.
So true… all other clubs have consistently had this for long stretches (barring west coast - this year) over the last five years… we haven’t once.
It feels foreign.

We have all our best players available - the best injury list news I’ve seen ever! But poor Preuss, as I think he’s not going to play this season as he’s still a TBC

Injury List – July 4

Brent DanielsHamstringTest
Braydon PreussBackTBC
Cooper HamiltonFootTBC
Darcy JonesKneeSeason
Adam KennedyKneeSeason

We have all our best players available - the best injury list news I’ve seen ever! But poor Preuss, as I think he’s not going to play this season as he’s still a TBC

Injury List – July 4

Brent DanielsHamstringTest
Braydon PreussBackTBC
Cooper HamiltonFootTBC
Darcy JonesKneeSeason
Adam KennedyKneeSeason

Yes… a day to remember and celebrate!!

XOH out for 7 weeks.

A damn shame considering his form. He'll be on a race against the clock to be back healthy and fit by finals if we make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back