Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Liberatore will be a test heading into Saturday night’s clash against Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

Post the Essendon defeat, Liberatore was moved into concussion protocols and according to Head of Sports Medicine Chris Bell, he is tracking well.
“Tom Liberatore continues to eye a return this week after missing the game on the weekend,” Bell said.

We still have some boxes to tick within our concussion protocol.”

“We will look to work through this over the next 48-72 hours before we can determine Tom’s availability.”

Young ruckman Lachlan Smith remains a chance to return to the VFL after recovering from a knee injury.

Injury List

Tom Liberatore - Concussion - TEST

Lachlan Smith - Knee - Test

Nick Coffield - Shoulder - 8-10 weeks

Aiden O'Driscoll - Concussion - Indefinite

Bailey Smith - ACL - Season
So was Libba ever actually confirmed to be concussed? Was an unusual situation and he was only placed in concussion protocols as a precaution, pending further evaluation.

So was Libba ever actually confirmed to be concussed? Was an unusual situation and he was only placed in concussion protocols as a precaution, pending further evaluation.
This is a guess I would say the club told Libba have the week off to conduct some tests and also this would assist in any delayed concussion

This is a guess I would say the club told Libba have the week off to conduct some tests and also this would assist in any delayed concussion
I doubt concussion was ever the issue. But I don't think they had worked out what it was at the time. Showing "an abundance of caution" and calling it concussion protocols was a good way to buy some time in an uncontroversial way - one that wouldn't attract media attention - while they ran a few more tests and checks on his health. I'm OK with that. Libba's health comes first and I hope they have satisfied themselves that he's 100% if they let him play this week.

Libba never failed a concussion test on game day or the following days. He was placed in the protocols purely based on the vision.

The consensus is continual concussive concerns are not considered a characteristic of VDMs recurring convalescences.
Oh No GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back