Injuries and Suspensions 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked out well.

Who you bringing in?

That's the million dollar question.
My current backs are Heater, Doc, Simmo, Tmac and Prance.

I've got enough $ for anyone but enright.

I'm considering burgoyne or jj, leaning towards jj with his potentially high ceiling in a couple of easy games.

Boyd getting a rest next week worries me.

Don't like laird. Nothing personal, just dont like picking joel bowden style rebounding half backs

Looked at houli, touy and even aish or howe...

Houli wont score well against the swans i reckon and the others are too dicey

Last edited:

That's the million dollar question.
My current backs are Heater, Doc, Simmo, Tmac and Prance.

I've got enough $ for anyone but enright.

I'm considering burgoyne or jj, leaning towards jj with his potentially high ceiling in a couple of easy games.

Boyd getting a rest next week worries me.

Don't like laird. Nothing personal, just dont like picking joel bowden style rebounding half backs

Looked at houli, touy and even aish or howe...

Houli wont score well against the swans i reckon and the others are too dicey

Laird despite not liking him will be the highest scorer

Laird despite not liking him will be the highest scorer

I'll clarify that when i say I'm not picking him because i don't like him... What im really saying is i dont like his chances of scoring big points in the next 2 weeks, compared with someone like jj or burgoyne running through the midfield.

Im not discounting laird because of some arbitrary blanket rule based on how i feel about him.
If i thought he was the best chance of scoring the most points in the next 2 weeks, I'd pick him.
But I dont, so i wont.

I'll clarify that when i say I'm not picking him because i don't like him... What im really saying is i dont like his chances of scoring big points in the next 2 weeks, compared with someone like jj or burgoyne running through the midfield.

Im not discounting laird because of some arbitrary blanket rule based on how i feel about him.
If i thought he was the best chance of scoring the most points in the next 2 weeks, I'd pick him.
But I dont, so i wont.

Scored 127 v Port in Rd 2 and 112 v West Coast in Rd 12

Reckon you struggle to find a defender in the whole comp who has achieved more this year v Port and Eagles combined

Scored 127 v Port in Rd 2 and 112 v West Coast in Rd 12

Reckon you struggle to find a defender in the whole comp who has achieved more this year v Port and Eagles combined

I don't think laird is a bad option, he's just not my preferred option.

What you are saying is valid and useful, however generally speaking i don't look at players past scores against particular teams as a MAJOR influence in my trade decision making.
Its an influence- sure (see my reason for avoiding houli), but a minor one for me...
compared with other influences like the strength of the opposition teams (jj playing the bombers and freo for instance).
Or expected amount of midfield time, there's another influence that i rate higher than a players history against a particular team.

Also i don't really take too much notice of players scores at particular grounds... I don't think there's much to be gained generally basing decisions on that kind of info either.

Maybe I'm wrong?
Completely plausible, but it's what I'm going with

Bloody Bartel! Had already earned a never again tag but this confirms it. No doubt he'll play next week so he won't be traded but Libba -Dahlhouse looks very likely now to avoid a donut. That will be my last trade so I hope North lose and Melbourne win to ensure Goldy won't be rested next week. Of course as a Melbourne supporter I was hoping that anyway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your reasoning behind starting those options over Goldy for? o_O

I think north are cooked

I think goldy had a "once of" year last year

Rest of his history is average tbh

I can see other options surpassing him

Ryder especially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back