News Injuries and Suspensions 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re; Nathan Murphy
The Magpies will also need to engage in dialogue with the AFL after Buckley revealed post-game that both Nathan Murphy and Jordan Roughead had passed the concussion test despite Murphy being subbed out of the game and Roughead finishing the match on the bench.

If a player is diagnosed with concussion they have to be on the sidelines for a minimum of 12 days, with Buckley admitting he was unclear what the situation meant for Roughead and Murphy.

Does that mean Murphy plays next week then?

I have him at D6 with no bench cover. :(
No idea JM. If it's not a "concussion" as deemed by the medical staff then he should be exempt from the 12 days off but this is the AFL we're talking about.

I didn't really want May but I ended up bringing him in after Murphy went off else I'd be in the same situation you are :huh:

Re; Nathan Murphy

The AFL will be campaigners about it, there's no getting around this stuff

Subbed off with concussion, whether he passed the test or not, it's done

Otherwise the sub rule becomes more of a joke

Has been a joke since the first Thursday in Round 1 when it was used for a knee and a shoulder respectively and it was clear the coaches were going to exploit it. But I agree with you unfortunately

I'm not too sure, has every player who has been subbed off missed a week+

I'm not too sure, has every player who has been subbed off missed a week+
Just depends on what the rule is

"player misses 12 days if he is subbed off with concussion"
or
"player misses 12 days if he fails the concussion test"

The Pies media said he was subbed off for concussion, whether he passed the tests are probably irrelevant. The club doctor said no to him coming back on, I'm assuming that's because he was KO'd at the start of April, and the doc decided to be extra cautious

I'll be shocked if he's allowed to play, but I'll be super happy as well, just can't see it

Just depends on what the rule is

"player misses 12 days if he is subbed off with concussion"
or
"player misses 12 days if he fails the concussion test"

The Pies media said he was subbed off for concussion, whether he passed the tests are probably irrelevant. The club doctor said no to him coming back on, I'm assuming that's because he was KO'd at the start of April, and the doc decided to be extra cautious

I'll be shocked if he's allowed to play, but I'll be super happy as well, just can't see it
I don't know the actual rule, but Cotchin last week was subbed due to a hammy, suppose that was a fake hammy, could he had played this week?

I don't know the actual rule, but Cotchin last week was subbed due to a hammy, suppose that was a fake hammy, could he had played this week?
Players miss 12 days for concussion only. You can be subbed off with a shoulder, get scans, be given the all clear, and play the following week. The 12 days rule ONLY applies to concussions. So it has nothing to do with Cotch and hammies and anything else

The issue here is this:
Pies said he was subbed off with concussion, which means he misses 12 days
Bucks in the post match presser said he passed the concussion test

So if he passed the concussion test, can he play next week, or will the AFL look at "subbed off with concussion" and say he has to miss 12 days?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juddy, you'd think he'll be playing SANFL for at least a couple of weeks though ........so put Titus away

Still closer to getting a game in my sc team again then what Highmore is\was.

I'll take any small win that I can get at this stage with the rotten luck I've had with rookies at D6 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back