News Injuries and Suspensions 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘I’m not sure if I’m allowed to really say too much’: Neale reveals concerning back scan

Reigning Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale has revealed a scan on his back during the week returned “not a great result” but will not use it as an excuse for any drop in form.

Speaking after his Brisbane Lions opened their 2021 account with a one-point win over Collingwood at Marvel Stadium courtesy of a goal after the siren from Zac Bailey, Neale said he was “battling a fair bit” with his body early in the season.

Asked about the matter on Thursday, the club’s official position was that Neale did not have a fracture in his back. Neale would not confirm the specifics of his injury, but nor did he suggest that it wasn’t significant.

******* hell. Nice of them to wait until the day after he confirms his big drop off in price to tell us this. If they'd said that two days ago I could've traded him at full value.

‘I’m not sure if I’m allowed to really say too much’: Neale reveals concerning back scan

Reigning Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale has revealed a scan on his back during the week returned “not a great result” but will not use it as an excuse for any drop in form.

Speaking after his Brisbane Lions opened their 2021 account with a one-point win over Collingwood at Marvel Stadium courtesy of a goal after the siren from Zac Bailey, Neale said he was “battling a fair bit” with his body early in the season.

Asked about the matter on Thursday, the club’s official position was that Neale did not have a fracture in his back. Neale would not confirm the specifics of his injury, but nor did he suggest that it wasn’t significant.

Plenty of speculation that he was generally sore, but for it now to be named as a specific back injury is concerning.

9 day break, hopefully some rest will do him a world of good.

Strong consideration must be given again by owners who held into trading him, a question which I hoped would have been answered this round :(.

His price drop still allows owners with 10k spare to afford any non Gawn player in the game, and if this injury is serious then holding may cause even more points bleeding and the price drops might be more dramatic than initially forecast.

Plenty of speculation that he was generally sore, but for it now to be named as a specific back injury is concerning.

9 day break, hopefully some rest will do him a world of good.

Strong consideration must be given again by owners who held into trading him, a question which I hoped would have been answered this round :(.

His price drop still allows owners with 10k spare to afford any non Gawn player in the game, and if this injury is serious then holding may cause even more points bleeding and the price drops might be more dramatic than initially forecast.

9 day break is good but I just wonder how bad the injury is. Would not mind trading him off after last nights performance, but maybe the 9 day break is all he will need to recover. Tough situation to be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I’m not sure if I’m allowed to really say too much” ...?

What? Why? What earthly reason would there be? Does he have a “be bloody mysterious and only tell the media half the truth” clause in his contract?

Yeah I dont get it, its like saying "Problem in my back, opposition go find it!" They will

Sounds like Witts may have done his knee in the game against Adelaide. Very hard luck for him.

From a SuperCoach perspective - do GCS have any other rucks on their list? I’m struggling to think of them. Presumably someone is getting a call up and an extended run in the firsts.

Sounds like Witts may have done his knee in the game against Adelaide. Very hard luck for him.

From a SuperCoach perspective - do GCS have any other rucks on their list? I’m struggling to think of them. Presumably someone is getting a call up and an extended run in the firsts.

Witts inj.
Z.Smith inj.

Not many talls on their list .

That from Neale just sums up how the and unprofessional the AFL. The Lions have paying members. They deserve to know of their star player has an injury. It’s not like the oppo are gonna smash you in the back if you say it compared to what you just said.

interview with lachie neale
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back