News Injuries/Suspensions 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

LTI's was the wrong word. injuries i have had to trade or have sitting on my bench

Id say having keepers (Birchall, Malceski, Christensen, Duffield, Hale) subbed is probably worse because it not only effects your scoring but it effects your trading and cash in a domino effect.

Trading Ablett probably wasnt the best idea. Hmac is covered and big O scored very well for you with his 77. Sandilands only missed 2 probably should have kept but i guess you traded to HMAC which ends up making you points for the time Sandi is out and also alot of money, the downside is it cost a trade and he has bad durability and was every chance to miss a few weeks through the season, which ended up being the case in hindsight.

Trades are very valuable yes but you don't win a car without something crazy.

I am pretty happy with my team at the moment but my overall is struggling having carried, Ablett, Birchall, Shaw and currently McEvoy (Although Giles and Kreuzer have been fine touch wood) so I guess it depends on your strategy.

Can't criticise anyone that makes logical and well thought out trades to go for glory and sometimes they don't work out. Even James who seems to have become the whipping boy on this site thought through his Ziebell trade and after 2 good scores for his price and factoring how well North were playing at the time he wasn't a bad player to bring in. Unfortunately sometimes you need to realise when the cost is too big. Don't sideways a premium for a bold move but instead use them as an upgrade and hope they work. I really wanted cornes after 2 weeks cos his role was loose and racking up numbers but couldn't swing the deal without losing Dustin Martin or someone so in the end despite Cornes cheap price the price for my structure was too high.

Trades are very valuable yes but you don't win a car without something crazy.

I am pretty happy with my team at the moment but my overall is struggling having carried, Ablett, Birchall, Shaw and currently McEvoy (Although Giles and Kreuzer have been fine touch wood) so I guess it depends on your strategy.

Can't criticise anyone that makes logical and well thought out trades to go for glory and sometimes they don't work out. Even James who seems to have become the whipping boy on this site thought through his Ziebell trade and after 2 good scores for his price and factoring how well North were playing at the time he wasn't a bad player to bring in. Unfortunately sometimes you need to realise when the cost is too big. Don't sideways a premium for a bold move but instead use them as an upgrade and hope they work. I really wanted cornes after 2 weeks cos his role was loose and racking up numbers but couldn't swing the deal without losing Dustin Martin or someone so in the end despite Cornes cheap price the price for my structure was too high.

Got a really good feeling JZ will have a big game against Brissy this week! ;) Yeh...nah he will most likely spud it up again, but at least he has a low B/E and should hold his current value (maybe even make a few $) until I trade him up before his bye. Only needs 1 decent score to average 100+ again. LOL who am I kidding, he's only marginally better than starting a rookie ATM. :eek:

Just on JZ and North in general, after watching them closely over the last few weeks it looks like all their mids just seem to kick long or kick it forward quickly, rarely chipping it around. No wonder only one of their mids is averaging a touch over 100DT and that's only because he's a good tackler (Swallow)

I haven't really been hit by any LTI's (Ablett, but I don't really count that) and I still suck so don't feel too bad folks!

+ maybe JMac and Shiel.

Treloars also due for his next rest this week

Is there any news on A.Kennedy? Was listed as a shoulder injury, but was he simply rested last week?

Really would like him to play the next two games to add some $$ to his price before the R11 bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not good news :mad:

Official source or just whispers?

Strong whispers

I called it staright after the game last week after he got a knock to his knee. They dont seem to risk him, even if hes named is a chance to be a late out Hargrave seems to own that late withdrawal status.

Not ground breaking news but expect GWS to have all Shiel, Jmac, Bugg,D.Smith possibly Kennedy all back in for this week.

I heard a rumour that Bugg, Hamptom, Shiel, Smith, Kennedy and McDonald are IN while Wilson, Palmer, Hoskin-Elliot, Buntine, Tomlinson, Greene are out. Oh, that was just the team sheets, not a whisper.

Strong whispers

I called it staright after the game last week after he got a knock to his knee. They dont seem to risk him, even if hes named is a chance to be a late out Hargrave seems to own that late withdrawal status.

Not ground breaking news but expect GWS to have all Shiel, Jmac, Bugg,D.Smith possibly Kennedy all back in for this week.

A link would be helpful mate. Or is this just you making up the whispers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back