injuries

When will the eagles next be an AFL force?

• next year

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2005 or beyond

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

west_eagle

Draftee
May 28, 2001
Perth WA`
Other Teams
EAGLES
how many damn injuries can one team have?
banners was one big blow for the eagles
he was tagging some bulldog who i forget the name of and when he got injurred the guy he was tagging kickes 6 goals and sunk the eagles ship
goodbye

It's complicated. The longer Judge is around the longer it is likely to be. However, the reduction of the list to 35 presents a hurdle for all clubs where youth is likely to get the chop with only those on the rookie list being investments for the future.
35 means 22 in a match squad plus 13 to cover for injuries, suspensions and lack of form. There is no room for any player who can't come into the team and make a contribution. Each club will delist down to at least 32 players and experienced players will be up for grabs. I expect to see up to 15 players go from the current Eagles squad including some better players such as Morrisson used as trade bait, with six top quality players joining us. If we don't then we have little to look forward to.
We have some promising youth and great veterans but the only ones I see as players we NEED to keep are Cuz, Gardy, Wirra, Kerr, Glass, Embley, Williams,Prior, Read, Jones and Phil matera.

I dont see Read and Jones as long term players for our club. I dont rate either very highly, both are average players in my view, but I think they are not of AFL standard. Sure I would love to see them do well, but, I just don't think we should keep them. After two games, and doing quite well in both, I think we should keep Travis Gaspar. He may have taken a long time to develop but I think he has finally reached AFL level.

Back