Injury Injury and fitness thread 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Revisionist rubbish as expected. Missed 3 games total. All in the last third of the season. He wasn’t rested throughout the season. We chose to try and manage his injury despite their being no good reason to. It’s a club culture reality. We’d rather play an injured experienced player in a dead rubber ahead of giving a game to a kid who deserves the crack. And I’m this case, there’s 3 legitimate players who could have played.

Alright, Doc ;)

Just remember that during a rebuild it’s a balancing act in ensuring there is experience playing on the park to guide skills and build confidence in youth coming through. This is generally why I had no problem with the club playing a possibly underdone at times Talia, and Walker up front despite him not getting on the scoreboard. A team full of rookies just becomes rudderless as the game wears on.

But sure, blame it on club culture if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's a balancing act but to us "balance" means every older, experienced player we possibly can squeeze in then, if the 22 isn't full, we can blood a kid.

Eg to us a backline with Brown, Hartigan, Smith, Kelly and Mackay already in it isn't experienced enough for us to cope with Talia's absence.

Talia played through the pain for two reasons
We're petrified of playing youth
We can only see one week ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back