Injury Injury List

So Joel Smith out for the year now, well, we know one thing, he'll get a contract offer from us at some point, or we are getting sued for neglect. Don't even rate Smith that much at all but geez I feel sorry for him.

How Misson still has a job over this debacle is beyond me.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
So Joel Smith out for the year now, well, we know one thing, he'll get a contract offer from us at some point, or we are getting sued for neglect. Don't even rate Smith that much at all but geez I feel sorry for him.

How Misson still has a job over this debacle is beyond me.

Be really interesting to see what happens, agree that I can't believe Mission still has a job.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
And another headknock for KK, and foot issue for Billy Stretch, and season over for Jeffy... FFS!

Add Keilty's new 4 weeker, and I don't know if any of these 4 will play for us again...

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
KK has very quietly re-appeared onto the injury list with another head knock.

‘Kade Kolodjashnij’s bad luck continued as he copped another head knock late in Casey’s game and he will have to be monitored closely in the coming weeks, as will Billy Stretch (foot) who didn’t play at all last week.’

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sucks about KK but at least he was steak knives. Can't see his career continuing... although it has for Brayshaw, so who knows. I'd be interested in what his contract status is.

The Joel Smith situation is completely ****ed.

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sucks about KK but at least he was steak knives. Can't see his career continuing... although it has for Brayshaw, so who knows. I'd be interested in what his contract status is.

The Joel Smith situation is completely ******.

Didn't we sign him for 3 years?

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didn't we sign him for 3 years?

No it was one year. How the hell does he keep getting so many head knocks? I’m sure Topkent will agree they really don’t teach kids how to protect themselves these days. Viney is one of the toughest campaigners out there but I don’t think he has ever been concussed, Selwood has been concussed like twice and honestly can’t remember it happening to Hodge. These guys aren’t magically immune, they’re just way better st protecting their own head.

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
No it was one year. How the hell does he keep getting so many head knocks? I’m sure Topkent will agree they really don’t teach kids how to protect themselves these days. Viney is one of the toughest campaigners out there but I don’t think he has ever been concussed, Selwood has been concussed like twice and honestly can’t remember it happening to Hodge. These guys aren’t magically immune, they’re just way better st protecting their own head.

As per The Contract Status Thread, was reported as three years at the time. Do you have good intel on this?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's the AFLs fault. Watch Nathan Jones and Luke Hodge go for a ground ball, they lead with their shoulders not there heads because they grew up in the era when if you went in head first you could become a paraplegic. Blokes now actively lead with there head as they get rewarded with free kicks.

Some people are unlucky though, Gus plays like an old style footballer but his head was rattled a few times

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some people are unlucky though, Gus plays like an old style footballer but his head was rattled a few times
Having a massive bonce may have something to do with it. That campaigner is on DK mode.

Some legend earlier in the thread compared Misson to Dr Nick. Haha! Surprised we haven’t seen ‘skin failure’ - TBC on the injury list. Who would’ve thought inflammable meant flammable?

Wasn’t KKs whole shtick that he was never actually concusses but kept getting headaches from a neck issue? Someone’s telling porkies, or he’s playing a dangerous game with his health

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wasn’t KKs whole shtick that he was never actually concusses but kept getting headaches from a neck issue? Someone’s telling porkies, or he’s playing a dangerous game with his health
Unfortunately he would appear to be done. I read that too about the possible neck connection but I’d say it was trying to be optimistic and to help him with his confidence.

And some people are more susceptible to the head knocks that they do get compared to others. Just like some people's ACLs seem to snap easier than others, and some players' calves explode anytime they run at greater than 90%, and others' hamstrings do that.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's the AFLs fault. Watch Nathan Jones and Luke Hodge go for a ground ball, they lead with their shoulders not there heads because they grew up in the era when if you went in head first you could become a paraplegic. Blokes now actively lead with there head as they get rewarded with free kicks.

Agree Gus was unlucky, that bad one at Casey when he copped a wet ball to the face was rough. Poor McCartin at St Kilda attacks the ball hard but is horrible at protecting himself, guy should give up the game.

You’ve also reminded me of that Hodge hit on Heppell where Hodge just protects himself and Hep goes head first into danger. Scary how players aren’t looking after themselves these days.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I got concusses many times, then we often would go out drinking and I would wonder why I felt the urge to hurl after 2 beers

Sometimes I wonder if I might have been able to do more with my life.

On the other hand I think the intensity of crazy you can achieve after a series of concussions is something few ever feel so who knows

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
The last time I got one it was a knee to the back of the head from my cousin on half back.

Couldn’t remember what day it was or anything and lots of blood

Anyway our FF cut his chin open so a few hours later we had to go to the doctor and get stitches up

I was first and had a really hot blonde German doctor. I told the FF to be super excited and await boners....

....then a bald sweaty Pakistani doctor walked in

I’m still not sure if the first doctor was real LOL, I was probably trying to charm a Pakistani dude!!!

Back