Injury Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to see the club chose surgery rather than rest for JV. Get him in ASAP and get him back at 100% for the business end of the season.

Time to step up aspiring midfielders on our list. Make a name for yourself. (Stretch, ANB, Maynard etc etc)

I honestly think it will be a miracle if we make the finals now. So many teams on similar points, means if we drop a few in the coming weeks, we will tumble down the ladder very quickly. IMO, we HAVE to simply get the job done against Carlton and Kangas in the coming weeks if we are to make finals (and I'm not convinced we can with the injuries), two teams who will finish bottom 4. I simply cannot see us beating both Adelaide sides in the next month with our injury list. Such key players to our side, so the Carlton and Kangas games become crucial games for us now IMO, and both have troubled us in recent years..

I honestly think it will be a miracle if we make the finals now. So many teams on similar points, means if we drop a few in the coming weeks, we will tumble down the ladder very quickly. IMO, we HAVE to simply get the job done against Carlton and Kangas in the coming weeks if we are to make finals (and I'm not convinced we can with the injuries), two teams who will finish bottom 4. I simply cannot see us beating both Adelaide sides in the next month with our injury list. Such key players to our side, so the Carlton and Kangas games become crucial games for us now IMO, and both have troubled us in recent years..
its pretty much this week thats a challenge, then the players will start to trickle in

its pretty much this week thats a challenge, then the players will start to trickle in
This.
If we can get Hoges and maybe one of Watts or Garlett back this week as well as dropping Wagner and White for maybe Smith and JKH then we start to look a bit better.

Just shows you how crucial wins are early in the season. Those close losses to freo and hawthorn would give us a good buffer, but now we really need to survive july. I agree we need to pinch 2 games in the next 4, which I think we have been able to do through the season. Then as the injured players return hopefully we can finish off strong.

JKH: bone bruising - "out for a while but not ACL"

Harmes: dislocated finger - "should be fine for rd 1"

Preuss: groin strain - "tests this week, not sure about the severity"

J.Smith: groin pain - "he'll be fine"

Fritsch: corked hip - "he'll be fine"

JKH: bone bruising - "out for a while but not ACL"

Harmes: dislocated finger - "should be fine for rd 1"

Preuss: groin strain - "tests this week, not sure about the severity"

J.Smith: groin pain - "he'll be fine"

Fritsch: corked hip - "he'll be fine"

Nek minnut

images (2).jpeg

MELBOURNE

Bayley Fritsch Corked hip Available
Jeff Garlett Shoulder 4 weeks
Mitch Hannan Knee 8-12 weeks
James Harmes Finger Test
Nathan Jones Corked calf Available
Kade Kolodjashnij Adductor 3 weeks
Jay Kennedy Harris Leg 12 weeks
Steven May Suspension* Round 2
Jake Lever Knee 12-16 weeks
Jake Melksham Hamstring Available
Braydon Preuss Groin Test
Joel Smith Groin Test
Tim Smith Calf 2-3 weeks
Aaron vandenBerg Ankle Available
Jack Viney Corked illiotibial band Available
Guy Walker Shoulder TBC
Early prognosis

Kennedy Harris has some serious bone bruising to his leg after suffering the injury against Brisbane in Saturday's JLT Community Series game at Casey Fields and will miss 12 weeks. Harmes is expected to be available for round one after sustaining a compound dislocation of his finger after being set to hospital. Preuss will be tested ahead of round one after sustaining an adductor strain in Saturday's VFL practice match. Joel Smith(groin) is another to face a fitness test ahead of a opening-round clash with Port Adelaide.– Ben Guthrie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be ******* filthy if I was Joel Smith
Yep ... if he misses Round 1, serious question needs to be asked as to why we didn't just go down to 1 or 2 on the bench, or 16-17 on the field.

That said, he managed to kick like 3 of his 4 goals limping around, so we may have inadvertently unlocked the key to his best footy ... luring the defence into a false sense of security with the bloke limping about the goal square.

Yep ... if he misses Round 1, serious question needs to be asked as to why we didn't just go down to 1 or 2 on the bench, or 16-17 on the field.

That said, he managed to kick like 3 of his 4 goals limping around, so we may have inadvertently unlocked the key to his best footy ... luring the defence into a false sense of security with the bloke limping about the goal square.

No doubt slowly slowly is the only way to go with 22yo KPP that’s just had his second reco. on the same knee.

For some reason I thought it was like R6 last year and he was tracking 4 weeks ahead of schedule.

No doubt slowly slowly is the only way to go with 22yo KPP that’s just had his second reco. on the same knee.

For some reason I thought it was like R6 last year and he was tracking 4 weeks ahead of schedule.

Jake Lever is actually..... 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back