Injury Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

8-10 weeks according to the man himself on AFL tonight
Right on time for our R11 clash against Adelaide in Darwin ;)

May's gonna be dull btw - games in GC, Perth, and Darwin, and our one home game is against GWS.

Right on time for our R11 clash against Adelaide in Darwin ;)

May's gonna be dull btw - games in GC, Perth, and Darwin, and our one home game is against GWS.
Took me a few goes at reading that haha

Thought you were talking about the player, then thought 'btw' was 'between', then there were combinations..

Vanders - TBA... dreaded off legs
Lever - could be back in 6 weeks (training report says he looks ready to go right now)
Joel Smith - Out with groin
Preuss - test
Harmes - test

Joel Smith has every right to egg the coaching team or fitness member that sent him back out in the JLT. Crazy

Joel Smith has every right to egg the coaching team or fitness member that sent him back out in the JLT. Crazy
That was weird of them. He was noticeably in pain and limping around the joint. It’s not like we needed to win. Come to think of it, it’s not like we did win.

Yeah that's disgraceful, surely looking back on the whole JLT thing you'd happily forfeit every match to make sure you don't pick up any injuries and everyone gets to have a hit out/run around

Leaving him on to hobble around for the last half is amateur hour, even if he did kick a few goals

Vanders would be spewing too, it really looked like he was over those foot problems

Dave Misson back to his usual tricks. So glad he's leaving end of year. How many ******* foot injuries?

If these foot injuries continue after his departure we might need to reassess the ground we're training on.

Especially since he was bloody close to being a lock for R1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't shake this feeling we are underdone/sore.

Oliver looked sore during training according to the news (had mid training ribs on his hammies and back).

Jones and Viney declared locks even though they've not really played many MINUTES. Harmes in a glove..Vanders off legs.

Call it MSDS but yeah..

Reading all these articles about which players will make for their AFL or club debut this week, feels a bit weird that our side most likely won't be debuting anyone. Good really, but a bit strange with the may suspension being the only downer.

Only just saw that Joel Smith is out for 4-6 weeks. That's absolutely shameful from whoever declared him fine to play on in JLT2.

Poor bloke, just as he looked like he'd found a role he could build on, he's now out for 6 weeks. If I remember rightly, the game that he did his collarbone/shoulder last year, he was looking pretty good before hand.

Playing devils advocate with the Joel
Smith injury, we were already 2 rotations down in Harmes and JKH. They “sacrificed” resting smith for fear of getting another soft tissue injury to a player who played too many minutes. So you would have two injuried players instead of one in smith

Smith injury, we were already 2 rotations down in Harmes and JKH. They “sacrificed” resting smith for fear of getting another soft tissue injury to a player who played too many minutes. So you would have two injuried players instead of one in smith

Then we should have played with 17 men like Richmond did in the JLT last year. Even if he didn't make the injury any worse by staying out there, there's absolutely no sense in keeping an injured guy on the field in a practice match.

Then we should have played with 17 men like Richmond did in the JLT last year. Even if he didn't make the injury any worse by staying out there, there's absolutely no sense in keeping an injured guy on the field in a practice match.
I haven't seen it written anywhere, but I have a feeling that the AFL issued a directive after Richmond played with 17 on the field. They would have been pretty clear to the clubs to not do that and would have mentioned large fines for 'bringing the game into disrepute' or some bullshit. I would still have rather we copped the fine than further injury to JSmith.

We also had the option to play three extras, but we elected to send Viney, Jones and Melkshake to play with Casey to give them extra minutes. We chose that. So you can bet that the AFL would have pointed that out when laying out the fine.

I haven't seen it written anywhere, but I have a feeling that the AFL issued a directive after Richmond played with 17 on the field. They would have been pretty clear to the clubs to not do that and would have mentioned large fines for 'bringing the game into disrepute' or some bullshit. I would still have rather we copped the fine than further injury to JSmith.

We also had the option to play three extras, but we elected to send Viney, Jones and Melkshake to play with Casey to give them extra minutes. We chose that. So you can bet that the AFL would have pointed that out when laying out the fine.
A mate of mine was on the bench area during that game ... Gil was absolutely fuming about it apparently, and substantial threats were made if Richmond were to “ take the piss out of this” I think it went. So I’d say you’re absolutely right

A mate of mine was on the bench area during that game ... Gil was absolutely fuming about it apparently, and substantial threats were made if Richmond were to “ take the piss out of this” I think it went. So I’d say you’re absolutely right

AFLX
Marvel stadium
Gay Pride round
Thor Jumper
Double 50s for 'encroaching'
Etc

The AFL have been taking the piss out of the game for years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back