Injury Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

The Joel Smith one is the worst of the lot, I mean I said a few times I don't rate him but he looked alright in preseason then gets ****** over by us playing him injured. People say 'oh but we kept him out there to preserve rotations' it was a preseason game FFS! JUST TELL EVERYONE TO TAKE IT EASY ITS AN IRRELEVANT GAME
Yeah, but you’re forgetting how well it paid off when we ran Port off their legs two weeks later.

Can someone define a "leg" injury for me? I get knee, ankle, groin, calf, quad, hamstring, foot, etc... what's a "leg" injury? It fell off?
Yeah like ffs sometimes my 3rd leg has a few hiccups is thst counted

I actually knew him before he was drafted ... nice bloke.
Of our vast list of spot fillers, journeymen, list cloggers and Neeld ‘moneyball’ type selections, which added up to the grand total of a pretty universally terrible team, I liked Bail. He had good effort and cracked in. I appreciate those types. Especially at a time where we didn’t have much going on to appreciate.

Back page of The Mercury today is kinda coincidental, funny and sad at the same time.

Some context. North Hobart Demons (basically the TSL's version of Frankston) were all excited in the off-season about their signings, one of whom was much loved by all Col Garland (the other was a GW$ reject). Garland would easily be the most decorated player in the TSL at present.

However, Col made it through round one (ended up being not a huge loss by North Hobart standards) but hasn't played since. The club saying that he is struggling to get his body right for the TSL level. He ended up playing for DOSA (Old Scholars) last week and has been 'getting his body right away from the club'.

North Hobart currently have no idea whether he'll return to play for them or not.

Sign an experienced, injured/unfit defender with a heap of excitement around it, get one game out of him, then not be seen again since and no real idea when he'll be back. Sound familiar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember last year when every time Goodwin was asked about the fitness of our list he would heap praise on our fitness department?

Would be cathartic to hear him start raking them over the coals for the disaster that is the current state of our list.

I’m just reading all this Rohan bail love when I posted the same s**t a day later in the changes thread

He was good, I likes him

OK, here's my latest crack at summarising things going back more than a month in some cases.

Player

April 9​

April 16​

April 23​

May 1​

Hannan

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)​

6​

4-6​

3-4​

JKH

10-12​

8-10​

8​

3-4​

Lever

6-8 (was 6-10 March 20)​

6​

4-6​

3-4​

KK

-​

-​

TBC​

TBC​

May

2-3​

2-4​

TBC​

3-4​

Joel Smith

TBC (was 5 March 20)​

4-6​

4-5​

6-8​

AVB

4-6​

4-6​

4-5​

TBC​

Viney

-​

-​

-​

2*​

Maynard

-​

-​

-​

3-4​

Preuss

-​

-​

- (left off weirdly but was 2)​

1​

Nev

-​

-​

8-10​

10-12​

Hannan - looks like he's finally making some progress. Looks like it'll be closer to a 12 week injury than a 6 week one unfortunately
JKH - weird one. Mustn't be as bad as first though. Progressed 4-5 weeks in over the last week. He's the odd one out.
Lever - Starting to trend towards progression. At least 6 weeks away from playing though. Second half of season at best.
KK - oh dear.
May - FFS. He's been at least a fortnight away for almost a month, and now he's further away than when he started. Getting worse, not better. 5 weeks away at least from senior side. Wonder what the market for Lever seeing game time before him would be?
Smith - Hope he has lawyered up ready to sue the club. Was 5 weeks away 6 weeks ago and is now at least 6 weeks, possibly 8 away. Criminal.
AVB - Deary me. Improved from 4-6, to 4-5 over the course of a fortnight, and now he gets the dreaded TBC. Who knows?
*Viney - Don't get me started. Borderline negligence with him as well from where I sit. The '2' relates to this 'new' injury. His foot/leg/toe is clearly still buggered. If he's back in 2 weeks, he'll still be playing pretty clearly injured IMO. Was plain to see over the last 6 weeks.
Maynard - new injury. Starting off at 3-4, good luck with Misso, mate. See you in 4-6.
Preuss - seemingly a straightforward one. Famous last words?
Nev - Pretty standard MFC week with an injury right there. I know, I know, they are tough to estimate.

Overall - sigh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back