Injury Injury List

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
"Steven’s injury is one that has improved but has also had some slight setbacks"

christ almighty, where's that bloke with the spreadsheet? he'll love this
Hi there. Am indeed a bloke and you're right, I do love this. It's what we call a 'reverse improvement' to use a Billy Birmingham quote.

Player

April 9

April 16

April 29

May 1

May 7

Hannan

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)

4-6

3-4

2-3

JKH

10-12

8-10

3-4

Lever

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)

4-6

3-4

3-4

KK

-

-

TBC

TBC

TBC

May

2-3

2-4

TBC

3-4

3-4

Joel Smith

TBC (was 5 March 20)

4-6

4-5

6-8

6-8

AVB

4-6

4-6

4-5

TBC

TBC

Viney

-

-

-

Test*

Maynard

-

-

-

3-4

Preuss

-

-

- (left off weirdly but was 2)

Test

Nev

-

-

8-10

10-12

10-12

Latest update above.

May is still a month away, which would make it a 2 month injury at best if he was to return straight to the seniors. Was estimated as no more than a 4 week injury at any time. More likely to be something like 10 weeks. And that is if you don't count the game he played. I still have my doubts he was actually AFL-level fit when he played, probably contributing to his injury. "Improving" though, according to the club. I'll let you decide.

*Viney is listed as 'test' but (and I'm happy to be one out on this) he's not right. For the love of all things Allah, just get him right once and for all. EDIT - according to the club he is still a week away.

Hannan seems to be on the right track, thus bucking the trend of MFC injuries.

Preuss's also seems to have been relatively straightforward. Treat with caution, demons fans.

AVB - Yeah. OK.

KK - Press in case of emergency

Joel Smith - I'll throw a couple of dollars his way to help with his legal proceedings.

JKH - Still a chance for this year.

Lever - Yeah, most likely in the last part of the year IMO. He'll need another month to get fit at least, bar any further setbacks. His I am least cynical on. EDIT - according to the club, he's playing VFL this week. Let's call it a month before he sees senior action.

Nev - thanks for the memories

Maynard - EDIT - Club says he is a week away

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Where is Preuss? Do you guys expect him back this week
Personally I expect and demand he plays regardless of form, injury or any other thing in every single Melbourne game until the end of time.

It should be understood that I'm no selection expert though, and also I'm quite, quite mad

I just imagine the new guy coming in after Misso and reading all the past documentation and stuff and going

"What the * have they been doing here?"

Hi there. Am indeed a bloke and you're right, I do love this. It's what we call a 'reverse improvement' to use a Billy Birmingham quote.

Player

April 9

April 16

April 29

May 1

May 7

Hannan

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)

4-6

3-4

2-3

JKH

10-12

8-10

3-4

Lever

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)

4-6

3-4

3-4

KK

-

-

TBC

TBC

TBC

May

2-3

2-4

TBC

3-4

3-4

Joel Smith

TBC (was 5 March 20)

4-6

4-5

6-8

6-8

AVB

4-6

4-6

4-5

TBC

TBC

Viney

-

-

-

Test*

Maynard

-

-

-

3-4

Preuss

-

-

- (left off weirdly but was 2)

Test

Nev

-

-

8-10

10-12

10-12

Latest update above.

May is still a month away, which would make it a 2 month injury at best if he was to return straight to the seniors. Was estimated as no more than a 4 week injury at any time. More likely to be something like 10 weeks. And that is if you don't count the game he played. I still have my doubts he was actually AFL-level fit when he played, probably contributing to his injury. "Improving" though, according to the club. I'll let you decide.

*Viney is listed as 'test' but (and I'm happy to be one out on this) he's not right. For the love of all things Allah, just get him right once and for all. EDIT - according to the club he is still a week away.

Hannan seems to be on the right track, thus bucking the trend of MFC injuries.

Preuss's also seems to have been relatively straightforward. Treat with caution, demons fans.

AVB - Yeah. OK.

KK - Press in case of emergency

Joel Smith - I'll throw a couple of dollars his way to help with his legal proceedings.

JKH - Still a chance for this year.

Lever - Yeah, most likely in the last part of the year IMO. He'll need another month to get fit at least, bar any further setbacks. His I am least cynical on. EDIT - according to the club, he's playing VFL this week. Let's call it a month before he sees senior action.

Nev - thanks for the memories

Maynard - EDIT - Club says he is a week away

Where did you see Lever playing VFL?

Just wondering how many of our best 22 are injured? May, Jetta, Lever, AVD, Hibbered, Hannan... The entire back line is nearly wiped out.
There's no excusing it. Even if our entire best 22 was injured it still wouldn't be an excuse.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Weid didn't play at Casey on the weekend, but wasn't listed in injury reports. What's the story there?

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was being rested. Dropping marks and running away from the ball has really taken it out of him I suppose. He may actually get another game soon as we might not have anyone else on the list to choose from.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was being rested. Dropping marks and running away from the ball has really taken it out of him I suppose. He may actually get another game soon as we might not have anyone else on the list to choose from.
De-fault!

Weid didn't play at Casey on the weekend, but wasn't listed in injury reports. What's the story there?

Pulled up sore after the game last week.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Which also means Dave Misson and co sent another player with a foot fracture back onto the field. Lock him up.
To be fair, there is a difference between going back on the ground with the sort of contact fracture Melksham has, and the stress fractures of TMac and Viney.

That said, without doubt, the 4-5 week prognosis will be around 8-12 weeks.

Back