-

-

-

-

-

Test

Good:
- Hannan seems like he is only a fortnight or so away from playing something
- Lever. All of a sudden (he was still a month away last week) has come good. Please do not rush him back
- Pruess looks like he actually just had a standard injury. One for the ages
- Maynard. Not that he is really going to save us but still good to have fit players to choose from, not that we will pick them necessarily - see Viney.
- JKH - with all the other injuries going on, it might be a good time for JKH to be fit. Could get a decent run at it, being semi-versatileishkinda.

Very Bad:
- AVB. I can't keep up with list places and all that. Is he on the LTI list? He was 4-6 away 6 weeks ago and no one even knows now when he'll be right. We signed him up for another 2 or 3 years didn't we? Sounds like something we'd do, but he's delist worthy. If Kent was let go, AVB should be too. Just can't get on the park, even though he's decent when he does.
- Nev. Just sucks.
- Melk. Best player injured. Watch this 4-5 balloon out.

Fugly:
- May. Just wow. Was 2-3 away 6 weeks ago and is still 2-3 away apparently. So probably 4-6. I'd head to the pub for a pint too.
- Joel Smith. 5 weeks away on March the 20th. 4-6 on May the 14th. That's all time 4-6 right there. Criminal. SS was spot on.
- KK. We hardly knew ye.

After the bye things should start to look better. Famous last words.
only our players injury lay off times can increase rather than decrease as the weeks go on.

I get that a player can have a set back in their preparation and the length of the injury can increase but * me it can't be coincidence with it happening to almost our entire list

only our players injury lay off times can increase rather than decrease as the weeks go on.

I get that a player can have a set back in their preparation and the length of the injury can increase but **** me it can't be coincidence with it happening to almost our entire list

This is what I hate too. Players getting injured? Hard to blame anyone. Injury layoffs being double what they say? Now there’s a problem.

Player

April 9

April 16

April 29

May 1

May 7

May 14

May 21

Hibberd

-

-

-

-

-

-

1-2

May

2-3

2-4

TBC

3-4

3-4

2-3

1-2

Joel Smith

TBC (was 5 on March 20)

4-6

4-5

6-8

6-8

4-6

4-6

Nev :(

-

-

8-10

10-12

10-12

8-10

7-9

KK

-

-

TBC

TBC

TBC

TBC

1-2

Melk

-

-

-

-

-

4-5

3-4

AVB

4-6

4-6

4-5

TBC

TBC

TBC

4-6

Summary:
Nev progressing which is good.
Joel Smith and AVB have the effectively been 4-6 for the better part of 2 months. Sick.
May has been 2 weeks for pretty much 6 weeks.
KK's brain good to go soon it looks like.
Surprisingly good news with Hibberd. Hopefully after the bye.
Melk not going backwards so that's good.

In the interest of full disclosure and fairness, I'm gonna have a crack at summarising the initial injury estimate and what it ended up being. Just going off the afl injury lists as above. I find it interesting, but fair enough if you don't.

Player

Initial Estimate

What it ended up being

Hannan

8-12

JKH

10-12

Pretty spot on for those two. Good stuff, particularly for such long injuries.

At least its not just our fitness staff who are terrible, the way Essendon have gone about managing Joe Daniher this season is an absolute shambles. Brought him back for JLT after what was apparently a very compromised preseason, and played him in both games, only to lose him for the first 4 rounds with a calf injury, to then play 4 of the next 5, and now he's gone for the year with the same injury that saw him play 7 games last year.

The guy has the capability of being the best player in the comp, but he's effectively lost 2 years of his career, so instead of coming into the peak of his powers, he's flat out getting on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I heard Tim Watson ask Garry Lyon if Dave Misson would resign mid-year or wait until the end of the year (on SEN) this morning.

Garry replied with a semi-cryptic ‘succession planning’.

Don’t know if that means they’re going to promote someone from Missons team at the end of the year, or if they’re on the lookout to bring someone in before Misson gets canned?

Think I heard Tim Watson ask Garry Lyon if Dave Misson would resign mid-year or wait until the end of the year (on SEN) this morning.

Don’t know if that means they’re going to promote someone from Missons team at the end of the year, or if they’re on the lookout to bring someone in before Misson gets canned?
Our last succession plan worked out so well tho.

He's finishing up this year

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-15/misson-out-demons-fitness-boss-to-move-overseas

I’d forgotten about that. Puts more context to the manner of Watson’s question about finishing up now or waiting until the end of the season.

He can’t have helped the offseason surgeries or the late preseason start (following a Prelim), but I wonder if he’s taken a couple of risks that he might not have otherwise, given he’s off at years end..

Highly respected club doctor quits citing issues with "sports scientist" wanting control above actual qualified medical professionals.
"Sports scientist" Sports scientist" now heads medical team
"Sports scientist" hires Stephen Dank post Essendon who then goes about doing Dank things
New club doctor takes the fall and quits
"Sports scientist" goes on to * up an uncountable amount of injury rehabs over many years, ruins a few careers

Somehow manages to leave of his own accord without being shot out of a cannon.

None of this s**t would be remotely possible if the club was run anywhere near competently.

The Joel Smith thing alone should have been enough but he's just sitting in a giant pile of "4-6 week" corpses.

The whole stupid ******* place needs a total clean out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back