Injury Injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No White? Is that another we forgot to put him in there or he was only removed from the ressies game as a precaution?.
He was mentioned along with Moore and Meredith as being close to select In the Tdl articles going around

Speaking of TDL, if kieren and mummy are back next week as expected then this has to be the week that TDL returns. Can't see Horse doing three changes in the one week

Daniel Bradshaw Indefinite No change
Gary Rohan 4-6 weeks to 3-5 weeks
Jed Lamb Available to 2-3 weeks
Shane Mumford NEW 1 week
Mike Pyke 1-2 weeks to 1 week
Kieren Jack 1-2 weeks to 1 week
Matthew Spangher 1 week to Test

Looks like Lamb re-injured his hammy. :(

Thats a relief. I was starting to wonder if Rohan The Roller:diamond: had the same Knee nurse as Bung Knee Bradshaw!

I doubt they'd chuck Pyke straight back in after a month out. He'd surely have to play a week or two at least in the 2's before getting a call up to the 1's again.

Mumford, Pyke and Jack all back for the same game? Geez if the thought of that doesnt put some pressure on players to perform nothing will, someones gotta make way.

Daniel Bradshaw Indefinite No change
Gary Rohan 4-6 weeks to 3-5 weeks
Jed Lamb Available to 2-3 weeks
Shane Mumford NEW 1 week
Mike Pyke 1-2 weeks to 1 week
Kieren Jack 1-2 weeks to 1 week
Matthew Spangher 1 week to Test

Matt Spangher available
Kieren Jack 1 week to test
Shane Mumford 1 week to test
Mike Pyke remains at 1 week
Jed Lamb remains at 2-3 weeks
Gary Rohan 3-5 weeks to 2-3 weeks
Daniel Bradshaw remains at indefinite

Since Bradshaw should essentially be treated as retired, it's good to see our injury list all but empty.

Geeze, will be tough when Rohan is fit, at the start of the year he would have been considered Starting 22, but where do you fit him in? Is he the perfect sub? Also consider that we have Bevan, Moore, White, Everitt, and others who have played dozens of Senior games running around in the 2's, our depth is looking great.

Reckon Bevan might look to be traded end of this year? Just hasn't done anything to get back into the team. He played the first couple though didn't he?

A spot has to be made for Rohan in the seniors (given he does what he needs to when he returns in the 2's). He's a must IMO. Don't need him in defence as our back 6 has been so good this year but either as the sub or, where I want to see him, as a 3rd tall/medium forward. I think he has huge value as a quick, tackling and very skillful forward.

A forward line of following is what I would want when Rohan is ready:

F: TDL White Goodes/ROK
HF: Rohan Reid McGlynn

Nicccccccccce. That's ignoring how to fit them in and who to drop and all that but still...nice.

Bevan has been in the 2's bests list for a few weeks now but I can't see him coming in any time soon given injuries don't strike too fiercely.

The next 2 weeks against tough opposition will tell us where our team is at. More particularly, where Jetta is at. He had soft games against the better teams, the ones that we lost.
Rohan is the obvious replacement for him should he fail in the coming weeks. By fail, I mean he musn't let tackles slip through his arms & he must not miss crucial goals. He did much better against Richmond but a player like Rohan is judged harsher by the coaching panel than Jetta is.

Rohan actually runs players down & can tackle hard & can take a mark & isn't afraid to get his body behind the ball.

So IMO, Rohan gets the gig ahead of Jetta. I went to the Hawthorn Geelong game the other night. Ask yourselves the question. Which of our players would have coped with that pressure for 4 Qs?

100% Rohan for Jetta if they are both fit.

If Jetta doesn't lift and Rohan presses his case in the ressies.

Damn Rohan can tackle, and he's quick. Oh and he has better disposal efficiency, can attack and can defend down back. Let's not forget Gary also had the best kicking eifficency at draft camp and beat Lewis in most categories
http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results-2009.htm.

Jetta has his place, don't get me wrong. But Gary's potential is much much more IMHO, and Jetta just go's missing to much.

Am I the only one who thinks Rohan looks like a young Goddard? And I think he has the potential to play a lot like him too... has the same tough body, same foot skills, only needs to work on his marking and possession-getting and he could be right up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who thinks Rohan looks like a young Goddard? And I think he has the potential to play a lot like him too... has the same tough body, same foot skills, only needs to work on his marking and possession-getting and he could be right up there.
You might be the only one, better put your glasses on young stat and i'm sure Gazza is a better bloke.

The next 2 weeks against tough opposition will tell us where our team is at. More particularly, where Jetta is at. He had soft games against the better teams, the ones that we lost.
Rohan is the obvious replacement for him should he fail in the coming weeks. By fail, I mean he musn't let tackles slip through his arms & he must not miss crucial goals. He did much better against Richmond but a player like Rohan is judged harsher by the coaching panel than Jetta is.

Rohan actually runs players down & can tackle hard & can take a mark & isn't afraid to get his body behind the ball.

So IMO, Rohan gets the gig ahead of Jetta. I went to the Hawthorn Geelong game the other night. Ask yourselves the question. Which of our players would have coped with that pressure for 4 Qs?
I had the exact same conversation with a Swannies fan at the SCG on Sunday. Are you a knitting grandmother? Anyway, yes, we both agreed that the Swans would have got smashed by either Geelong or Hawks the way they played Sat night. The intensity and pressure was at another level to most of our games this year.

Rohan, once fit, I would imagine will be making his way back into the side. NOT having him in the side for a while makes me realize how much we miss him. Well, I do anyway.

Don't know.

Lets ask vic police for a copy of BJ's mug shot from that age shall we.

Off the injury list
Matt Spangher
Kieren Jack

Injury list
Shane Mumford remains on test
Mike Pyke 1 week to test
Jed Lamb 2-3 weeks to 1-2 weeks
Gary Rohan 2-3 weeks to 1-2 weeks
Daniel Bradshaw remains at indefinite

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/injury list/tabid/11505/default.aspx

Off List:
Shane Mumford
Daniel Bradshaw (obviously)

Injury List:
Mike Pyke remains on test
Ted Richards test
Alex Johnson test
Jed Lamb remains at 1-2 weeks
Gary Rohan from 1-2 weeks to test/1 week

Off List:
Shane Mumford

Injury List:
Ted Richards test
Alex Johnson test

Getting Rohan back would be amazing.

Off List:
Shane Mumford

Injury List:
Ted Richards test
Alex Johnson test

So Im guessing Pyke failed his test last week? Usually when that happens it puts you back even further I hope Im wrong.

Off List:
Mike Pyke

Injury List:
Kieren Jack test
Ted Richards remains at test
Alex Johnson remains at test
Gary Rohan from test/1 week to test

Jed Lamb's situation is worrying me. Has remained at 1/2 weeks for almost like 3 weeks now...

Off List:
Mike Pyke

Injury List:
Kieren Jack test
Ted Richards remains at test
Alex Johnson remains at test
Gary Rohan from test/1 week to test

When have you ever seen an injury list like this this late in a season? Not one long term injury! Only 1 guy ruled out (and he's a rookie yet to make his debut). That is unheard of. Freo can barely put a fit team on the paddock.

I suppose you have to temper this with the forced retirements of two champions due to injury earlier in the year, but still...

Well the two injury retirements were carried over from previous years/clubs.

so a bloody great effort for our conditioning/fitness staff! If only were we in contention for a serious run at a flag...

Big kudos to the commando who worked on the guys shoulders with the Indian battons etc. We have no serious shoulder injuries to date (that we know of), so he has strengthened the right parts!

Oh and of course alot of luck is thrown in the mix as well.

/dry humps on wood

Big kudos to the commando who worked on the guys shoulders with the Indian battons etc. We have no serious shoulder injuries to date (that we know of), so he has strengthened the right parts!

hes not a real commando though I think he just watched Rambo a few times and a bit of paintball on the w'ends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back