Injury/Rehab Injury/Niggle Management - w/ cptkirk

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
fu
Dumbbell floor presses are less stressful on the shoulder. Might be an option to consider

yeah i probably should look at doing barbell+dumbbell presses on the floor.

I usually keep the weights angled and closeish to my body, but i flared them out and immediately pulled something.

I might give them a go next session once the pain has subsided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Themanbun

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here's one for yas. My sinuses are absolutely f’ed after copping way too many hits to the face. Really affecting my running which was becoming more noticeable due to my knee rehab.

I used a saline irrigation and then did 30 minutes of pranayama breathing exercises (nose yoga I like to call it) and for the first time in years I'm breathing through my nose.

Themanbun

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Introduced some cutting, hopping, and side to side jumping into my ACL rehab. Had to go through a big session with the physio on change of direction biomechanics (powering with inside leg and feet pointing in the right direction). Never knew how important that stuff is to injury prevention and general agility, and it's pretty awful that it's not taught here in Aus at junior levels.

Aeglos

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2016
Croydon station
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
That’s a lot of trials comparing different types of surgeries when you consider we can’t say with any surety that surgery is better than no surgery lol

Themanbun

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s a lot of trials comparing different types of surgeries when you consider we can’t say with any surety that surgery is better than no surgery lol
Would it pass an ethics clearance to have non surgical people running around at high intensity and potentially doing further damage to their knees?

Aeglos

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2016
Croydon station
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Would it pass an ethics clearance to have non surgical people running around at high intensity and potentially doing further damage to their knees?
There's already a lot of trials on placebo surgery for other conditions so I don't see why it wouldn't pass as long as all the boxes were ticked off.
Biggest issue is that I can't see there ever being a randomized trial done on elite athletes so we'd be relying on data predominantly from non-athletic populations (which is fine for them, but would then be impossible to say "well all these 60 y/olds did fine with no ACLR therefore 20 y/old elite AFL players will too")

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On antibiotics due to a skin infection and the doc has told me to stop gym until Monday. That'll be 4 days off :(

At least my knee and back are feeling better.

raskolnikov

Premium Gold
Apr 1, 2002
Central Queensland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lions
For the last couple of months I've had a niggling pain in my Achilles in my right foot. It's not a bad pain and hasn't really stopped me doing anything except for running. I've just been rowing or using the assault bike at CrossFit when running is prescribed. Any ideas of how to stop the niggling?

Aeglos

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2016
Croydon station
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
For the last couple of months I've had a niggling pain in my Achilles in my right foot. It's not a bad pain and hasn't really stopped me doing anything except for running. I've just been rowing or using the assault bike at CrossFit when running is prescribed. Any ideas of how to stop the niggling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom