Injury/Rehab Injury/Niggle Management - w/ cptkirk

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why my back was/is ******. I don't understand leg drive. I just can't do it.

I am ditching deadlifts (over 50kg) until i am sure its ok
I’ve been fine until then, just got lazy and I’m now paying for it. Will really knuckle down on them when I get back to doing them.

I’ve been fine until then, just got lazy and I’m now paying for it. Will really knuckle down on them when I get back to doing them.

I watch heaps of deadlift fails and ego lifters and none of them get back injuries...only the good go to snap city ;)

See, my legs and hips defo don't feel like they're doing that.

I feel like i am squatting it on the up

If anything it sounds like you’re too reliant on your legs.
I picked out KK as he basically does a stiff leg deadlift but he’s adapted to tolerate and be strong in that position.

If anything it sounds like you’re too reliant on your legs.
I picked out KK as he basically does a stiff leg deadlift but he’s adapted to tolerate and be strong in that position.
The mechanics of it all intrigue me, because I really don't understand how its done right.

I am going to reach out to a friend who knows whats up and try getting a few lessons in

The mechanics of it all intrigue me, because I really don't understand how its done right.

I am going to reach out to a friend who knows whats up and try getting a few lessons in

“Right” is highly variable between individuals and even amongst any given individual depending on what’s going on with them at any given point in time.

I’ve got a slight left side gluteus medius strain (possibly gluteus minimus)

I strained it while deadlifting

I’ve been stretching, foam rolling and using a therapy ball as well as doing low intensity lower body work (deads, squat, front squat, good mornings, lunge)

Any other ideas to expedite recovery?

I’ve got a slight left side gluteus medius strain (possibly gluteus minimus)

I strained it while deadlifting

I’ve been stretching, foam rolling and using a therapy ball as well as doing low intensity lower body work (deads, squat, front squat, good mornings, lunge)

Any other ideas to expedite recovery?

Not sure if this helps but the last 6-8 weeks i've been battling with pain in my glute tendion - basically when standing upright where your hip protrudes out the side of your leg. My phyiso mate told me to do glute strengthening exercises;

Using a band i would do all sorts of leg kick backs, side kicks, glute bridges, clams - in the last 2 weeks it has just come good. I eased off the volume in the gym but still do squats and dead lifts.

Can confirm my glutes are fine. Now watch me rip it off the bone tonight.

Shoulder has been fine since i stopped doing egyptian lateral raises and other cable raises.

Not sure if co-incidence, but my stinging side delts are now gone

Glute is a million times better

Did a bit of walking around my in laws place on the weekend (2 x 6 km walks) which seemed to help.

Then on Sunday night I was laying in bed with legs crossed and my left hip joint cracked and since then it’s felt like I’m back to 100%

Doing a light weight legs session after work today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sick again. Just when i thought i would have a complete week of training, i get knocked on my arse again.

The accuracy and relevance of medical imaging has really been copping a beating from research the past few years.

Glute is a million times better

Did a bit of walking around my in laws place on the weekend (2 x 6 km walks) which seemed to help.

Then on Sunday night I was laying in bed with legs crossed and my left hip joint cracked and since then it’s felt like I’m back to 100%

Doing a light weight legs session after work today
Pretty sure it's 100% now but I'm only easing myself into the lower body stuff to make sure I don't get another flare up

The accuracy and relevance of medical imaging has really been copping a beating from research the past few years.

I had two CT scans completely miss a fracture to my maxillary sinus. Breathing is still ****ed up because they refused to operate for so long.

My ACL recovery is going well. Moved up to 2.5km but every time I push for 3km I get a bit of patella tendon inflammation so end up backing off.

I am beginning to get some hip issues though from uneven legs.

My ACL recovery is going well. Moved up to 2.5km but every time I push for 3km I get a bit of patella tendon inflammation so end up backing off.

I am beginning to get some hip issues though from uneven legs.

How far can you run without any change to your gait?

How far can you run without any change to your gait?

If I'm experiencing no tendon soreness, the whole 2.5km before the pain kicks in, the gait change comes in response to the pain.

If I'm sore from either weights or running, virtually straight away.

My physio has said the hips issue comes from my good knee actually hyperextending too far, and so even though my operated knee is at full extension, there's a slight imbalance there in the height of my legs when I walk. Not sure how we are gonna tackle this.

Does that sound about right? ACL reco using hamstring graft and meniscus trim on 28.02.2019

Last edited:
If I'm experiencing no tendon soreness, the whole 2.5km before the pain kicks in, the gait change comes in response to the pain.

If I'm sore from either weights or running, virtually straight away.

My physio has said the hips issue comes from my good knee actually hyperextension too far, and so even though my operated knee is at full extension, there's a slight imbalance there in the height of my legs when I walk. Not sure how we are gonna tackle this.

Does that sound about right? ACL reco using hamstring graft and meniscus trim on 28.02.2019

Best to discuss with the physio but short term you could potentially use a brace to limit your “healthy” knee’s hypertension while continuing to work on the extension of the operated knee.

Did something to my shoulder doing dumbbell bench press. I think i went too wide and now i am ****ed.

Absolute nightmare. I pushed through but am worried about the next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back