Injury Off Legs Report 2018 - Stretch that toe

Remove this Banner Ad

Our depth is designed to cover our field team, not our medical team. Depth is no good if the medical team is incompetent. The lack of honesty is a real kick in the guts to us supporters. How they told us they'll be right round 1 to missing 2 month's is really disrespectful. It was always going to come out eventually. It's the same when players are dishonest about how they got injured eventually the truth comes out as they were on the piss all night and got into a fight. Just be honest

Gotta sell those memberships

Remember that time many moons ago when some of us got concerned that our very well respected club doctor quit because the dickhead sports science guy wanted to go over his much more qualified head? And remember when that same dickhead hired a replacement doc to work under him who promptly starting working with Stephen Dank. Then remember when the dickhead managed to make it look like the club doctor was to blame. Then remember when it was that same dickhead who ruined Luke Ball's career at StKilda. Then the dickhead went about ruining Trengove's career, having him play a casual couple of years before noticing that his foot was falling off. Then he misdiagnosed Hogan's stress fracture as a minor couple of weeks stress reaction? Then he killed AVB's career and then let Viney play 2 weeks after foot surgery and he's still ****ed 8 months later? Plus Tmac and whatever the * else I've missed. Let's keep giving this guy access to our players and see what else he can * up. After all he is mates with Roosy so he must be good at what he does right?

Remember that time many moons ago when some of us got concerned that our very well respected club doctor quit because the dickhead sports science guy wanted to go over his much more qualified head? And remember when that same dickhead hired a replacement doc to work under him who promptly starting working with Stephen Dank. Then remember when the dickhead managed to make it look like the club doctor was to blame. Then remember when it was that same dickhead who ruined Luke Ball's career at StKilda. Then the dickhead went about ruining Trengove's career, having him play a casual couple of years before noticing that his foot was falling off. Then he misdiagnosed Hogan's stress fracture as a minor couple of weeks stress reaction? Then he killed AVB's career and then let Viney play 2 weeks after foot surgery and he's still ****** 8 months later? Plus Tmac and whatever the **** else I've missed. Let's keep giving this guy access to our players and see what else he can **** up. After all he is mates with Roosy so he must be good at what he does right?
You do know Roos didn't hire him right? He was appointed end of 2011 and left St Kilda because Lyon left. Guessing he was part of the 05 flag at Sydney though, those guys were attached at the hip. Spot on aside from that. Perhaps Supermercado can remind me the name of that Dr we all used to hate. Bodhan Babisczuk or something. Can't wait until someone poaches Misson, but I'm not holding my breath.

The concerning thing is the basically none of these long term injuries seem to have been one off accidents. Like if a guy breaks his leg or does his knee it sucks, but that's one of the dangers of playing professional sport and it can't really be avoided. But all of these injuries seem to just pop up out of nowhere and persist for a long time. Like, "oh yeah [player x] has a niggle in his back / foot / ankle, so we've decided to give him a rest for a week" and then he's completely unsighted for 2 years. I don't know how typical this is for other clubs or other professional athletes generally, but it seems we've been cursed by it and I'd love to know if there's some kind of explanation for it, or something that can be done to mitigate it. I mean, as soon as we heard that Viney and McDonald were feeling a bit sore in the foot, we all immediately knew that we wouldn't see them again for weeks and weeks at best. Why does it keep happening to the extent where we immediately know that a report of a player feeling " a bit sore" implies a long-term, potentially chronic injury that doesn't seem to have been caused by anything in particular?

But that's part of what I'm saying ... complications and residual issues are common for foot injuries, so just because the time frames have changed from a month ago, no matter how dramatically, it doesn't mean they weren't correct at the time.
I see what you are saying, but the Viney one just doesn't pass the reasonable person test. 'He's 100% ready to go for Round One' was all the talk. Then he didn't play either of the preseason games but was still a chance. Now it's 6-8 weeks?

Sure, complications happen, I get that. But going from 'He'll be good to go for Round 1', to 'Yeah nah maybe round 10' smells of lies.

Also, this really isn't the first time the club has done this. You're being way to easy on them IMO

Not sure that it's lying. More likely, upon viewing the evidence of his body of work over the past few years, that Misson doesn't have a ******* clue.

TMac: I've got sore foot, Dave.
Misson: Well, play AFL-X and JLT 1 and we'll see how you pull up.
TMac: Okay, the foot is even sorer now.
Misson: Ummm... no sweat, train in runners and you'll be right.
TMac: This isn't helping at all. The foot is getting worse.
Misson: Maybe... let's just send you for some scans.
Actual doctor: Scans show stress fractures. Out for the season.
Misson: Get off your feet Tom and you'll be back in 6 to 8.

I see what you are saying, but the Viney one just doesn't pass the reasonable person test. 'He's 100% ready to go for Round One' was all the talk. Then he didn't play either of the preseason games but was still a chance. Now it's 6-8 weeks?

Sure, complications happen, I get that. But going from 'He'll be good to go for Round 1', to 'Yeah nah maybe round 10' smells of lies.

Also, this really isn't the first time the club has done this. You're being way to easy on them IMO
To each their own, it makes sense to me that 6 weeks ago they thought he'd be a lot further along in his training loads and his return to the main group, which they have actually said, and they've revised it as the time has gone by with how well he's been going in his training. Now he's reported some pain, so they're unfortunately going back a few steps with his recovery.

We'll never know, and the club will continue to do what they think is right around any similar scenarios

You do know Roos didn't hire him right? He was appointed end of 2011 and left St Kilda because Lyon left. Guessing he was part of the 05 flag at Sydney though, those guys were attached at the hip. Spot on aside from that. Perhaps Supermercado can remind me the name of that Dr we all used to hate. Bodhan Babisczuk or something. Can't wait until someone poaches Misson, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's your man Bohdan Babijczuk. #1 internet villain of the late finals/early #fistedforever era. To be fair, the internet also wanted to run Daniher out of town on a rail for not playing Juice Newton so what did we know.

I know Roos didn't hire him but I remember that the standard excuse for his shitty performance was "Roos likes him, he must be good"

Aside from Tmac and Viney, anyone else annoyed that there also seems to be quite a few players who are starting the season with niggles and sore spots? The injury list is short, but there was a bunch of 50/50's heading into round 1 which is very concerning.

I can (just) accept Vineys issues as he rushed back to assist a forge towards finals.

How TMac is in this position has me ****ed. It’s the preseason for goodness sakes. There is no reason he should have been pushed to the point where he needs 3 months off for stress related injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can (just) accept Vineys issues as he rushed back to assist a forge towards finals.

How TMac is in this position has me ******. It’s the preseason for goodness sakes. There is no reason he should have been pushed to the point where he needs 3 months off for stress related injury.

Yeh, that is the part that annoys me as well. During the season you can kind of understand if they try and push through it to begin with and not miss any games. But in preseason you would think you would just play it safe straight away and have a week or two off.

Yeh, that is the part that annoys me as well. During the season you can kind of understand if they try and push through it to begin with and not miss any games. But in preseason you would think you would just play it safe straight away and have a week or two off.
I think I read somewhere that he didn't actually tell anyone when it first started to hurt, and only brought it up when it became worse/didn't get better. I can't remember where I read it or who said it tho, so it could be complete bollocks

I think I read somewhere that he didn't actually tell anyone when it first started to hurt, and only brought it up when it became worse/didn't get better. I can't remember where I read it or who said it tho, so it could be complete bollocks

Sounds like the plot from Alien

Sounds like the plot from Alien

I agree, the way Wagner came bursting out of Tyson's chest was reminiscent of the John Hurt scene.

Hogan has an elbow injury and will need to get through training on Thursday.
Tbh the shitter the team we put out the more likely we are to pump Brisbane. Take out Lever, Hogan, and Oliver and I reckon we win by 150

Hogan has an elbow injury and will need to get through training on Thursday.

Hogan- "Hey misso me elbow is pretty sore, reckon I could get some treatment"

Misson- " 10 days off your legs mate"

Nek Minnut Hogan out 2 months with stress fractures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back