Injury Injury Report: Round 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Physical Performance Manager Peter Burge provides Richmond Media with an update on Toby Nankervis, Tom Lynch, David Astbury and Shane Edwards in the latest injury report, brought to you by Victor Sports.

Toby Nankervis, knee, unavailable (medium term)

"Yeah, (it was) the very first centre bounce… the contact in the jump of that centre bounce. Toby came off soon after that, and his knee was quite sore, and he was hobbling.

"The doctor did some testing and those sorts of things and suspected that there may have been a little bit of a PCL sprain, but he was good enough to go back out and play at that stage.

"He played the whole game out and was a little bit sore, but our fingers were crossed obviously post-game that he would wake up feeling alright the next day and that there was not too much going on.

"But, he had some scans and definitely sprained his PCL, which is going to require a couple of weeks out of the game, just for it to glue up and for him to do a little bit of strength work around that and get his stability back to normal.

"We will have a better idea in the next week or two about his return to play, but at this stage, it is probably a medium-term injury."

David Astbury, Achilles soreness, unavailable (short term)

"Dave, after a training session early last week, flagged his Achilles was niggling him a little bit. It is something he has been managing for a while, but it just had got a little bit worse over the last few weeks.

"He has been running albeit at a controlled intensity. We have just taken the approach to miss a game this week and just allow that little bit more time and for him to build up some strength again.

"Hopefully, we will have a look at what is happening next week, wherever that is."

Shane Edwards, ankle, probable

"Shane has had a great last seven days. He had a session last Friday in Melbourne and then again Sunday, which were fantastic. He came up (to Sydney) on Sunday, and he has done a training session today, which has gone really well.

"We are in a position Thursday where he might be training with the group, and if that is the case, we think he will be probable for this weekend."

Kane Lambert, calf, short term

"Kane is going really well; Kane has had a great last seven days, and he will resume training with the group next week.

"Depending on what next week holds for us, which we are a bit unsure of at this stage, he is a chance to be training and possibly even be available if we have to play next week."

Richmond Injury List

Probable

Shane Edwards – ankle

Unavailable
Patrick Naish – hamstring – short term
Kane Lambert – calf – short term
David Astbury - Achilles - short term
Tom Lynch - knee - medium term
Toby Nankervis - knee - medium term
Ivan Soldo – knee – long term

Updated - June 1, 2021

Listening to Peter Burge looks like Nank will be 3 weeks out, could well play in RD 14 V Eagles as we have the bye RD 13.
Lambert surprised me, likely to be ready by next week, but as we have the bye, will be available from RD 14
Astbury, one more week.
Edwards will play!

Listening to Peter Burge looks like Nank will be 3 weeks out, could well play in RD 14 V Eagles as we have the bye RD 13.
Lambert surprised me, likely to be ready by next week, but as we have the bye, will be available from RD 14
Astbury, one more week.
Edwards will play!
theyll do the bye after e gurls game on purpose now

There's every chance the Eagles game will be brought forward to the bye weekend.
Astbury, one more week.
Edwards will play!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astbury, one more week.
Edwards will play!
Said medium term for Nank. Will be at least a month

Add in the bye likely to only miss 2 games which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad.
If we have any more COVID outbreaks elsewhere is it just possible the AFL given the byes are upon us anyway might just decide to have a month off until it all settles down again which would suit us perfectly.

If we have any more COVID outbreaks elsewhere is it just possible the AFL given the byes are upon us anyway might just decide to have a month off until it all settles down again which would suit us perfectly.

Yep, I heard Gil say he would halt the season in order to stay away from hubs. If they did halt it couldn't see it being longer than say 3-4 weeks.
Cases are hovering around 5-6 so one would think that could be controlled over the next fortnight. WE HOPE!

Wouldn't mind having a look at Samson
I liked his work in the VFL game against GWS. Thought he was equally as good as CCJ, and to me, has better tools long term (extra height, more pace, and much more reliable kicking action). Build his tank and body, and I think he can be a good forward/ruck. Imagine Mason Cox if he actually knew how to play the game... That's the potential I see in Samson.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back