Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

remember in the premiership years when we we were lauded for our ultra conservative approach to injuries? i.e. guys with histories would be slowly eased back into the side, often being kept out against their will?

Remember in those years when he had a half competent fitness team and not some butcher off the street??

Hopefully not too bad of an injury for Hopper. Not sure why he didn't go off the ground. If it's presumably a Hamstring, could that be from rushing him back with his knee. No idea how that area of the body works really, but is the MCL partly responsible for preventing Hamstring injuries?

Remember in those years when he had a half competent fitness team and not some butcher off the street??

I am not saying Meehan doesn’t deserve criticism, but people used to criticise Burge a lot too then.

Hopefully not too bad of an injury for Hopper. Not sure why he didn't go off the ground. If it's presumably a Hamstring, could that be from rushing him back with his knee. No idea how that area of the body works really, but is the MCL partly responsible for preventing Hamstring injuries?
other parts of the body tend to compensate for hurt/weak muscles

in this case, yes it is entirely possible his knee wasn’t 100% recovered and his hammy was taking an abnormal load which caused the injury

Make it 4 weeks and ensure that Hopper goes through some better conditioning.

Said the same re Balta as well
Puts us around the mark for dreamtime (round 11) and they miss an interstate trip to the Gabba the week before

Hoppers first game back…..

peg leg boots GIF

They said he'd never done a hammy in his whole life. I never did one til I was about 26 too, thought I could push through like shin splints or rolled ankle. You live you learn.

Are Balta/Short a chance to come back against Freo?

With the back six settled I wouldn't mind seeing Short getting some midfield minutes.

Scans have confirmed that Richmond midfielder Jacob Hopper suffered a mild hamstring strain in Wednesday night’s Anzac Day Eve clash against Melbourne.

Hopper felt the injury to his left leg during the third quarter and was substituted out of the game.

The midfielder is expected to be unavailable for selection for the next two to three weeks due to the injury.

Richmond coach Adem Yze spoke about the injury post-game.

"It is disappointing for Jacob because he put a power of work in, trained really hard, and made sure he was ready to play,” he said.

“He was pretty important for us early.”

Hopper racked up 23 disposals from 48 percent time on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Balta/Short a chance to come back against Freo?

With the back six settled I wouldn't mind seeing Short getting some midfield minutes.
Short mid? What's the point?

I hope Yze is emboldened with the big Kmac Sub call and rests short... he's playing poorly anyhow

sonze played well in the vfl and KMac2 was emergency.

Last edited:
Said the same re Balta as well
Puts us around the mark for dreamtime (round 11) and they miss an interstate trip to the Gabba the week before

tbh, I would add Shorty to that list as well. Think I saw someone said that he could play next week, I wouldn't. Delay it by a week for the game against the Dogs.

Luke Parker is coming back from a broken arm, yet Swans are still going to play him in the VFL this week, whilst we rush players with only one leg straight back into the AFL side once they're "fit".

Short mid? What's the point?

I hope Yze is emboldened with the big Kmac Sub call and rests short... he's playing poorly anyhow

sonze played well in the vfl and KMac2 was emergency.

Excuse me triple t, but why are you talking about cricket fielding positions in a football discussion?

tbh, I would add Shorty to that list as well. Think I saw someone said that he could play next week, I wouldn't. Delay it by a week for the game against the Dogs.

Luke Parker is coming back from a broken arm, yet Swans are still going to play him in the VFL this week, whilst we rush players with only one leg straight back into the AFL side once they're "fit".
Tend to agree however it’s probably a reflection of the ladder position and overall form of each side

Sydney are playing top footy so they wouldn’t want to be making huge changes to the set up that is working for them especially for a 32 year old midfielder that is more borderline 22

Compared to the guys that Richmond are bringing back in who are best 22 in a side that is currently starved for experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back