Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

He was living in Perth for a while before we drafted him so I doubt homesickness would be an issue

More an injury break I'd say. Even still that would indicate an extended absence which is bad news in itself

Yep, I'm not worried about it being homesickness, because of the point you made. But the fact he's been given time to return home indicates it could be a lengthy time off for him.

Yep, I'm not worried about it being homesickness, because of the point you made. But the fact he's been given time to return home indicates it could be a lengthy time off for him.

I thought I heard somebody say the saw him in a moonboot which is never a good thing.

Wow...what a shitshow of an injury list.

Time to shut it down lads, off to the draft forum!!! Has Knightmare even started his 2017 analysis yet...? :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at Jackos wrist strapping from Sunday's game, it looks like it could POSSIBLY be a Scaphoid fracture which fits the 4 week mark. However, scaphoids can be hard to get right and they can also be up to as much as a 12 week injury. When I did mine I was able to mosh to Wolfmother that night and play through my hockey state champs a few days later with a bit of deep heat and panadol. I was casted for about 6-8 weeks and was in a splint for 2. From what I remember being told of the surgery route to have a pin/ pins put in it's normally a 3-6 week layoff in a cast or splint after surgery with rehab / re strengthening once it's off, sometimes, (Again, IIRC) the rehab and re strengthening can blow out to around 3 months, but I'm unsure how common that is.
Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's not a Scaphoid.

Fun fact: I had my cast signed by the '06 Premiership lads. Hunts was impressed with my school mates dick drawing capabilities.

Last edited:
Gee the club doesnt like us... so odd to not like your supporters.

I suppose when you've got an eight-year-long waiting list for seats you can have a slightly different attitude.

Makes no sense. Won't have rookies listed unless it's a long term injury. How hard is it just to list them, regardless of the time off?

Extremely hard, apparently.

I asked three times why Bayok was missing games. First two didn't get a response, third one they said they couldn't say. I assumed he must've been off for some personal reasons they didn't want to disclose. After he returned to action there was a blink and you miss it reference to him returning from a hammy injury in an article. Why they need to be so secretive about our 47th-most-likely-to-be-picked-in-2017 player having a standard hamstring injury I've got no idea.

The club has at least been upfront when asked about Watson having an ankle injury but hasn't given any indication how long he's likely to be out. Given that his form has been so good that people are calling for him to get a senior debut that's just infuriating.

Just looking at Jackos wrist strapping from Sunday's game, it looks like it could POSSIBLY be a Scaphoid fracture which fits the 4 week mark. However, scaphoids can be hard to get right and they can also be up to as much as a 12 week injury. When I did mine I was able to mosh to Wolfmother that night and play through my hockey state champs a few days later with a bit of deep heat and panadol. I was casted for about 6-8 weeks and was in a splint for 2. From what I remember being told of the surgery route to have a pin/ pins put in it's normally a 3-6 week layoff in a cast or splint after surgery with rehab / re strengthening once it's off, sometimes, (Again, IIRC) the rehab and re strengthening can blow out to around 3 months, but I'm unsure how common that is.
Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's not a Scaphoid.

Fun fact: I had my cast signed by the '06 Premiership lads. Hunts was impressed with my school mates dick drawing capabilities.

is this your mate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back