Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a brief snippet of training footage on CH9 news of players running the boundary. Parto was one of the players in the frame with no sign of a cast
The cast was apparently an in house joke.
The boys put it on him as he has been knocking the door down so hard.

Ba dum ttsssssssssss

Was at Jacobs ladder today and JK was there doing a thing for MSWA.
I heard him talking off air about one of the eagles (didn't catch a name) who basically played against essendon with a collapsed lunch. he said they could tell he wasn't running well but then scans after confirmed collapsed lung.... feck!
Didn't get a chance to watch the Essendon game, any idea who it might've been?

I heard him talking off air about one of the eagles (didn't catch a name) who basically played against essendon with a collapsed lunch. he said they could tell he wasn't running well but then scans after confirmed collapsed lung.... feck!
Shepard? He got smashed several times.

Shuey? He could barely run and played more outside.

I hate it when my lunch collapses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see if the collapsed lung thing is mentioned after team selections as a reason for ommission

A collapsed lung is pretty serious so i am surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the injury report or even the media getting wind of it.

Maybe we're taking a no excuses policy from the Dons game

May 30, 2017 (expected return to play)

LeCras (hip) test
Lycett (shoulder) test
Shuey (calf) test
Watson* (ankle) test
Wellingham (ankle) 1 week
Kennedy (calf) 3 weeks
Tunbridge* (knee) 3 weeks
Allen (foot) 4 weeks
Waterman (foot) 6-7 weeks
Naitanui (knee) Late 2017 season

*Rookie-listed player
Hopefully lycett and watson play this week. Allen and tunners not too far away.

May 30, 2017 (expected return to play)

LeCras (hip) test
Lycett (shoulder) test
Shuey (calf) test
Watson* (ankle) test
Wellingham (ankle) 1 week
Kennedy (calf) 3 weeks
Tunbridge* (knee) 3 weeks
Allen (foot) 4 weeks
Waterman (foot) 6-7 weeks
Naitanui (knee) Late 2017 season

*Rookie-listed player
Hopefully lycett and watson play this week. Allen and tunners not too far away.
Tunbridge and Allen return times have both reduced as you'd expect but is not always the case

Good to see a time frame put on Watermans return after he's been listed as merely late 2017 until now

Expect that Slyce and Franky will get a run in the EP ressies this weekend maybe with Willie unless he gets a league run

Interesting to see how Tunners plays out the rest of the year, played a few good games for us then got suspended and did his knee. Will most likely have to have the best ever come back from a knee injury to stay on our list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back