Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

August 16, 2017 (expected return to play)

LeCras (hamstring) test
Barrass (groin) test
Tunbridge* (calf) test
Naitanui (knee) late 2017 season
Venables (toe) season
Butler (shoulder) season
Lycett (shoulder) season
Allen (foot) season

Venables done for the year, still not willing to admit Nic Nat won't play until 2018...

Probably working out how to spin some bad news. Maybe confirming NicNat and/or Venables won't be back this year (which wouldn't really be bad news tbh).

I hate being right all the time.

*en pathetic.

every week we hear the same bullshit. what the medical board and the players are part of some cult and that no secrets can be shared at a particular time. need a bit more transparency. its not like veners is a kerr or cousins and were playing in grand final week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked we drafted a kid with foot problems given our history of successfully managing players with foot problems

Seems a symptom of a greater problem with the club, making the same poor decisions over and over expecting different results.

I've had a gut feeling this week that Naitanui will play against the Crows and that we're keeping it as a surprise to use it as a mood booster for fans when we lose our last two.

He's going to play, they've lost the plot

What's the worst that could happen if Nic played? It's true, he's immensely important to our structures and we need to ensure he's 100% for 2018, but it's not like he's had any setbacks in rehab.

I'd rather he get get some confidence and momentum heading into the preseason then an anxious 6 month wait.

What's the worst that could happen if Nic played? It's true, he's immensely important to our structures and we need to ensure he's 100% for 2018, but it's not like he's had any setbacks in rehab.

I'd rather he get get some confidence and momentum heading into the preseason then an anxious 6 month wait.
How about the fact that he's not match fit so would be an increased chance of doing a soft tissue injury?

What's the worst that could happen if Nic played
Well there is a few things that I could think that I won't dare mention

Venables will be fine IMO. He's still training with the main group they just conceded match fitness was impossible this late in the season and we all knew that already.

Venables will be fine IMO. He's still training with the main group they just conceded match fitness was impossible this late in the season and we all knew that already.
Exactly. He may have had a minor hiccup and it's better wrapping him in cotton wool than get him back into the EP squad for finals, where he could potentially do a bit more damage.

I really don't want Venables to be out version of Freeman or scharenberg. Collingwood have been extremely unlucky in that case.

Exactly. He may have had a minor hiccup and it's better wrapping him in cotton wool than get him back into the EP squad for finals, where he could potentially do a bit more damage.

I really don't want Venables to be out version of Freeman or scharenberg. Collingwood have been extremely unlucky in that case.

Fortunately Venables hamstrings seems to be good so far.

Really hope Freeman gets a free run at it next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back