Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a bit of a cluster* last year with Naitanui going down, but if we had him fit and Vardy fit and another young ruck developing, I wouldn't have been against trading Lycett for two first round draft picks.. and a fringe player.

The bloke is going into his prime and is incredibly injury prone, and when he played last year he wasn't really any good. He has time on his side I guess as ruckmen usually take a bit longer to peak, but I can't see him being anything more than servicable at the point

It was a bit of a cluster**** last year with Naitanui going down, but if we had him fit and Vardy fit and another young ruck developing, I wouldn't have been against trading Lycett for two first round draft picks.. and a fringe player.

The bloke is going into his prime and is incredibly injury prone, and when he played last year he wasn't really any good. He has time on his side I guess as ruckmen usually take a bit longer to peak, but I can't see him being anything more than servicable at the point

Yeah it is disappointing with all his injury concerns. But if you look at Max Gawn who is a year older than Lycett and also had a hell of a lot of injuries early in his career but he has now got his body right and is reaping the rewards.

It was a bit of a cluster**** last year with Naitanui going down, but if we had him fit and Vardy fit and another young ruck developing, I wouldn't have been against trading Lycett for two first round draft picks.. and a fringe player.

You're trolling right?

Doh!

Yeah it is disappointing with all his injury concerns. But if you look at Max Gawn who is a year older than Lycett and also had a hell of a lot of injuries early in his career but he has now got his body right and is reaping the rewards.
I hope so man, because its getting to be a bit tedious and frustrating waiting for this guy to have a decent run at it. And we're not talking breaks in bones, they seem to be mostly joint and soft-tissue related (IIRC).

Lycett was brilliant early last season.

Gallucci, Sam Powell Peper, and Mitch McGovern for Lycett (and Karps going back the other way or something) would have been a great trade IMO.

Absolutely it would have. We'd have made out like bandits. Which is why Adelaide would never have done it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely it would have. We'd have made out like bandits. Which is why Adelaide would never have done it.

Alright.. how about two first round draft picks (which could/would have been Gallucci and SPP at pick 15 and pick 18 respectively..) and for Lycett and 37?

I'd probably do that. Although I'd probably ask for a later Adelaide pick as well.

That is a little bit skewed our way but not by a lot.

He was good against Port, Fremantle and the Gold Coast and then..uhh..

Giles had a better game against Adelaide than Lycett had all year.
Not that it's the most objective rating system, but Lycett was clear 5th on the WC BF Board Player of the Year ladder at the end of Round 10, well above McGovern, Gaff. He was only a fraction away from Darling in 4th spot.

He dropped off after that.

I reckon that would correlate with B&F votes, but who knows how to access those.

Alright.. how about two first round draft picks (which could/would have been Gallucci and SPP at pick 15 and pick 18 respectively..) and for Lycett and 37?

I'd probably do that. Although I'd probably ask for a later Adelaide pick as well.

How would Adelaide have gone about getting the second pick, particularly given that they were in discussions with Carlton until the last moment of the trade period about giving their existing first rounder in exchange for Gibbs?

Why would Adelaide have fallen over themselves to pay over the odds for Lycett, who was coming off PCL surgery, when they had a perfectly serviceable ruck combo in Jacobs/Jenkins and a promising backup in O'Brien?

Why would we have fallen over ourselves to trade away our best remaining ruckman after losing NicNat for almost all of 2017? Because we should have foreseen a serious shoulder injury?

The season starts in a little over a week, the time for bringing up utterly unrealistic trade proposals was months ago.

Problem with Lycett is he seems to have a strong impact or nothing at all, the latter seems to occur when he's unfit and that seems to be most of the time.

dare you to post that on the crows board. either one of two will happen.
1. You will get laughed off
2. Banned from posting there.

Problem with Lycett is he seems to have a strong impact or nothing at all, the latter seems to occur when he's unfit and that seems to be most of the time.
will get better with age/experience. just hitting his peak now. unfortunately injuries will ruin him and i think he is more of a number one ruck and the NN factor is probably stalling his development.

Are you talking about Vardy or Lycett?

Lycett for Jetta might have been a better deal in hindsight , missing Sinclair and his running and marking ability .
Damn !!

Hopefully though Lycett is back in the second half of season giving the team what he can marking and aggression .

Lycett for Jetta might have been a better deal in hindsight , missing Sinclair and his running and marking ability .
Damn .

Hoping you're not being serious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back