Injury Injury thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see why they can't. Other clubs have delisted guys mid-season: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-rookie-luke-goetz-loose-20160720-gq9pow.html

Did they wait until the end of last year before telling us Paddy Brophy had gone back to Ireland?
Depends on the circumstance I think. Brophy wanted to go back to Ireland and left on good terms. If Burrows has had some issue they probably dont want to bring any attention to it while the season is still going.

That's making the assumption that every flag is won the same way.
Tell me how the better aerial side has won the last few flags
What Thorne said.

According to your logic, we should drop one of McGovern or TB in that case and bring in a smaller player. Our arial work is one of our weapons and if our midfield pressure is up, it should work in finals.

Last few premiership sides haven't had two ruckmen and have had less talls than we currently have. Should we drop a couple talls in that case?

What Thorne said.

According to your logic, we should drop one of McGovern or TB in that case and bring in a smaller player. Our arial work is one of our weapons and if our midfield pressure is up, it should work in finals.

Last few premiership sides haven't had two ruckmen and have had less talls than we currently have. Should we drop a couple talls in that case?
No, I just meant that Schofield’s ability to play small will be more important than his ability to play tall

No, I just meant that Schofield’s ability to play small will be more important than his ability to play tall
Can't see schofield playing small. He'll probably take the third tall or a powerful mid size forward like Petracca.

Can't see schofield playing small. He'll probably take the third tall or a powerful mid size forward like Petracca.
Well, Melbourne don’t have a third tall and Petracca averages less than 0.5 contested marks per game. He’s a ground level player. He’s not a “powerful midsize forward” in the way that Darling is.

Hawthorn won’t make it past the semi IMO, but if they do, then sure - he may end up with his hands full defending Gunston. Still, he’s hardly much worse off than Sheppard in that contest. Arguably Sheppard wouldn’t be defending Gunston anyway - it might go to Hurn or McGovern.

Richmond certainly don’t have any third talls, and so Schofield’s ability to play small will be integral.

Well, Melbourne don’t have a third tall and Petracca averages less than 0.5 contested marks per game. He’s a ground level player. He’s not a “powerful midsize forward” in the way that Darling is.

Hawthorn won’t make it past the semi IMO, but if they do, then sure - he may end up with his hands full defending Gunston. Still, he’s hardly much worse off than Sheppard in that contest. Arguably Sheppard wouldn’t be defending Gunston anyway - it might go to Hurn or McGovern.

Richmond certainly don’t have any third talls, and so Schofield’s ability to play small will be integral.
JD is more of a third tall and one of the handful of 190 odd cm players that has the ability to play taller.
Fair enough regarding trac.

Hasn't schoey been playing on Gunston in the past couple years v Gunston?

Richmond is the toughest opponent regarding Match ups i guess. Barrass was ok on JR even though jack kicked a few late goals when the game was dead.
He probably goes to Caddy (the powerful midsize forward).

Not sure who Gov goes to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw on Fox Sports that Sheps hamstring is an 8-12 week injury that may require surgery. Worst case scenario all but confirmed now.

Could someone please explain to me how Goldsack does his Knee in March and comes back playing in September.Then when Nic Nat does it it is expected he will be out until 2020?? I am pretty sure Goldsack also did an ACL. If taht is the case, then I am expecting Nic nat for pre season next year :)

Could someone please explain to me how Goldsack does his Knee in March and comes back playing in September.Then when Nic Nat does it it is expected he will be out until 2020?? I am pretty sure Goldsack also did an ACL. If taht is the case, then I am expecting Nic nat for pre season next year :)
Everyone heals at different rates. Plus NN is a big unit, so I assume it takes a little longer than other ACLs.

NicNat is aiming for Rd 15 2019 ....

I'm hoping .....NicNat is where footy should be at . More enjoyable although the Collingwood win was pretty special .

I have never seen a player back from ACL as quick as Goldy did. We are talking less than 6 months turn around.
Used a quad graft opposed to the traditional hamstring graft. Plus was also very aggressive in his rehab, given his age and likelihood it may be his last roll of the dice to play. Interesting to listen him speak about it.

I have never seen a player back from ACL as quick as Goldy did. We are talking less than 6 months turn around.

Being compared with Tony Liberatore who came back in 18 weeks.

I suppose the difference with NicNat is if Collingwood rushed back Tyson Goldsack too soon and caused further damage, they've only lost Tyson Goldsack. Whereas if we push NicNat and it backfires, it's potentially catastrophic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back