Injury Injury thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope that DV and Ryan has a good run for a while after they return. Exciting times ahead when they are back in the team. In the meantime, it should open up an opportunity for guys like Ainsworth & Petrucelle.

WTF is going on!? How is everyone this banged up after 4 f*cken weeks!?

AND ITS ANOTHER F*CKEN ANKLE AGAIN!!!!!

Simpson has said in a press statement that he feels that the Optus stadium ground may be to hard. I think there's some merit in that because of the way the injuries have occurred.

Simpson has said in a press statement that he feels that the Optus stadium ground may be to hard. I think there's some merit in that because of the way the injuries have occurred.
How would a hard ground contribute to players falling on them/their ankles though? Not having a go, just curious.

How would a hard ground contribute to players falling on them/their ankles though? Not having a go, just curious.
May change the angle that the ankle is pushed when it hits the ground, potentially. Look at how Guthrie got injured, granted his was a knee but it seemed like he held up in the turf when tackled. Also curious to know whether he and Ryan played with strapped ankles?

I think the main concern is due to how the players feel after the match, I heard in the radio interview that Simmo gave to RoCo that it was a complaint with the players how hard the ground was.

I expect that this will change as we get some rain and as time goes on with games softening the grass but it is a concern that we will have to manage players training loads this early in the year.

Also, side point on Reddo, he seems to have done well to contributed as well as he did on the weekend given there were initial concerns he’d broken his leg!

Updated April 17, 2018

Jack Redden (shin) test
Brendon Ah Chee (ankle) test
Brad Sheppard (thigh) test
Luke Shuey (toe) test
Tony Olango (knee) 1 week
Nathan Vardy (adductor) 1 week
Hamish Brayshaw (knee) 4 weeks
Liam Ryan (ankle) 11 weeks
Daniel Venables (ankle) 10-12 weeks
Eric Mackenzie (toe) indefinite

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news-and-video/health-centre

This list verifies the players have, shins, thighs, toes, knees and ankles!

It went something like this.

[medico1] I think that Reddo just broke his leg.
[medico2] Let's send him out, just to check?
[Simmo] The ground was too hard for his small legs and tiny frame.
[Recruiting team] We can play him off hbf 'til he casts off his cocoon and becomes a beautiful midfielder.

Not production alone it's the type of player he is and the way he plays. See the ball in won in the center on the weekend, resulting in the Jetta to LeCras goal.
Tunbridge once had a great tackle and goal . One play doesnt make a player .

Yes it is ashame he is injured
Yes he is going to be a far greater player than tunners or karpany .

But ..... venables isnt the reason we are winning atm .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Ah Chee plays well in the WAFL so he can fill Venables' spot.
Big hopes for Sneeze.

Hope he gets a fair crack at it.

Big hopes for Sneeze.

Hope he gets a fair crack at it.

I also hope that Ah Chee does well for us but I don’t understand why so many people are speaking of his return so positively. He has been in the system for a number of years but has not been able to cement a spot. Why do people think he will suddenly become so much more for us. I hope he does but I just havn’t seen any reason to get my hopes up.

I also hope that Ah Chee does well for us but I don’t understand why so many people are speaking of his return so positively. He has been in the system for a number of years but has not been able to cement a spot. Why do people think he will suddenly become so much more for us. I hope he does but I just havn’t seen any reason to get my hopes up.
It’s the unknown. That is what is appealing.

I agree. He has a lot to do to prove he is worthy of a spot in the 22. Redden has struggled and he was rated before he came to us. Ah Chee was playing in the reserves at Port so I dont see him achieving much apart from being another footsoldier.

It’s the unknown. That is what is appealing.

2483399-mysterybox.jpg

Ah Chee is going to play out of his skin I reckon. Put himself on a 1 year contract and already off to an interupted start to the year. Has a lot to prove.

You've also got to keep in mind that Port has a strong midfield and that Hinkley likes to play favourites.

Ah chee would also fill the venables role well. Is versatile (can play on ball, wing and HFF), has a good burst of speed and is a decent mark overhead.

Not that port's midfield was elite, but they did have a lot of decent midfielders keeping him out (boak, wingard, gray, wines, polec, ebert, SPP). Given we have a couple less in midfield depth I think he will get an extended run at it

Ah chee would also fill the venables role well. Is versatile (can play on ball, wing and HFF), has a good burst of speed and is a decent mark overhead.

Not that port's midfield was elite, but they did have a lot of decent midfielders keeping him out (boak, wingard, gray, wines, polec, ebert, SPP). Given we have a couple less in midfield depth I think he will get an extended run at it

+ plus before trade period there was talk of Rocky going there so he probably saw the writing on the wall in that he would be further down the pecking order.

Isn’t sneeze around 23 and was runner up in the Margary medal?

Very similar to Tim kelly.

I’ve got hope that he is serviceable this year.
He will definitely be servicable but he probably wont be a star.

If someone like Hutchings or Redden played WAFL all year they would win the Sandover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back