Injury Injury thread 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher25

All Australian
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Would rather they give him as much time as possible so he’s somewhat fresh for the finals and he can get as much of a preseason in right now.
Yeah true. The teams winning without him, I just hope he gets a few runs before finals to get into the swing of things.

Rowan18

All Australian
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Would rather they give him as much time as possible so he’s somewhat fresh for the finals and he can get as much of a preseason in right now.
He needs to get a solid block of games in before finals though. An in form Nic Nat is huge for our midfield.

southcoast

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
From AFL website, "Only Naitanui and Tom Barrass (foot) remain unavailable from the first-choice line-up, while young forward Daniel Venables is still weeks away after a heavy concussion in the win over Melbourne two rounds ago."

Gee, Venables must have had a huge hit.

Max zero

Premium Platinum
Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Man how much longer for Hickey seriously? From a late out 'minor hamstring' its been 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bUCKET__

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
A decent injury update in the early parts of the backchat podcast this week from Tommy Booroos.

Players sound worried about Venables, albeit they're trying to talk positively about his recovery. Sounds way off though. Gee not good.

Edwards specific problem is a navicular injury.

Naitanui probably aiming for a week or two after the bye.

Talking up Hammer Brayshaw's professionalism in rehab, which is good considering he lives there.

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2009
Greenough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
Really worried about dv - this could be career threatening / life altering

Cant remember a player having more than a coupla weeks off for concussion

Fletcher25

All Australian
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
DV is a concern. He looked really unwell when it happened. The camera's kinda avoided filming him too, which was good.

Unlike Fyfe when the numpty camera dude got a 8k zoom-in on his retreating eyes.

Balls In

Premiership Player
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
That dog Ricciuto ended Kemps career with a leaping shirtfront shoulder to the head. Kemp was blindsided and had no idea it was coming, was hit so hard he did a full revolution in the air. I dont know if Ricciuto was suspended but he'd get 10 weeks in todays footy.

Last edited:

kempy

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That dog Ricciuto ended Kemps career with a leaping shirtfront shoulder to the head. Kemp was blindsided and had no idea it was coming, was hit so hard he did a full revolution in the air. I dont know if Ricciuto was suspended but he'd get 10 weeks in todays footy.
It was a disgraceful and gutless hit. I'm not sure he was even suspended for it. These days surely he would have got 4 weeks.

FKASC

Account Deleted
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It was a disgraceful and gutless hit. I'm not sure he was even suspended for it. These days surely he would have got 4 weeks.
Literally made me hate Adelaide for about a decade

Top Bottom