Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our medical staff have been incredibly bad at picking up Syndesmosis Injuries lately. First Duggan & now Nic and they’ve let both go back on to play out the game.

Lol state of the art they said.

Could you imagine Man U and Leeds cancelling due to fear of injury to their players. What a great sh*t show that would be. At least it would be guaranteed that something would finally be done about it.

Could you imagine Man U and Leeds cancelling due to fear of injury to their players. What a great sh*t show that would be. At least it would be guaranteed that something would finally be done about it.
But it's nice and sparkley at least.

Underground carpark - the same mistake was made with Docklands all those years ago, and we copied them...
Steps were taken to ensure this didn't happen. The carpark doesn't impact the surface. Groundstaff at Optus reckon the problem is the drainage is so efficient that any water on the surface soaks through to the drainage system before it can be absorbed and soften the turf up.

Heard from a family friend who’s pretty high up in the Collingwood footy dept that they don’t mind the Optus surface.

He said on Friday that they trained Thursday night on it and couldn’t believe how soft it was. Said compared to Marvel it was unbelievable. Reckons they’ve “gone too far the other way” softening it up, which I found funny.

I wonder if the surface has been fixed and this is just one of those and luck things.

Collingwood rarely play on the oval so maybe they were just lucky no injuries occurred..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t think we’re a chance without him unfortunately.. Even if he is back for a final, we’ll be lucky if we’re even in a position to push for a flag by that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's time to petition the AFL for an away final.

This stadium surface is becoming infuriating. And doubly so because it's during a period where apart from lower leg injuries, we've been quite healthy.

We won it last year without him, Gaff and Sheppard.

Plus have added Cameron and OA.
True.. but Lycett and Vardy both played way above their pay grade when he went down. Don’t think we’re going to get quite the same impact from Hickey. Plus Crippa and Duggan. Went from no injuries to having 3 important players out in the space of a week..

True.. but Lycett and Vardy both played way above their pay grade when he went down. Don’t think we’re going to get quite the same impact from Hickey. Plus Crippa and Duggan. Went from no injuries to having 3 important players out in the space of a week..

Maybe. But we were still doing OK this year when we didn't have him.

Duggan is good but he's a halfback flanker.
Cripper is a loss but we've got Petrol to come in.

No way I'm putting a line through us.
I always looked at NN as a bonus anyway TBH.

This stadium surface is becoming infuriating. And doubly so because it's during a period where apart from lower leg injuries, we've been quite healthy.

No way do we play a home final away that’s ridiculous..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given we just played a game on a dry Optus surface, I also fully expect a new injury reveal when next round's final team is announced.
Well F#*@, didn't even need to wait for selection night this week :mad:

Think the Injury Gods are against us for a B2B unfortunately. Will just go with the flow from here on to save a lot of stress. Wonder if Nic did further damage by coming back on following his collision with Guv - not that it matters now - what is done is now done - just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Also heard Liam Ryan doubtful as well - ankle plus something else.

Steps were taken to ensure this didn't happen. The carpark doesn't impact the surface. Groundstaff at Optus reckon the problem is the drainage is so efficient that any water on the surface soaks through to the drainage system before it can be absorbed and soften the turf up.

Correct about the carpark. It's pretty much a ring road from what I'm told.

The good news is Nic was incredibly dominant in short bursts immediately upon return. Now yes, I’d prefer to have seen that ramped up over his many months of consecutive football, but the silver lining is the impact he had against Hawthorn and Freo, along with the simply breathtaking Q1 against Grundy last week, means if he’s back for finals we still have an asset there.

The good news is Nic was incredibly dominant in short bursts immediately upon return. Now yes, I’d prefer to have seen that ramped up over his many months of consecutive football, but the silver lining is the impact he had against Hawthorn and Freo, along with the simply breathtaking Q1 against Grundy last week, means if he’s back for finals we still have an asset there.

Like the positivity but it’s hard to see him back this season. I reckon Duggans only an outside chance and he has an extra week with a lighter body

Flat as a tack right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back