Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the positivity but it’s hard to see him back this season. I reckon Duggans only an outside chance and he has an extra week with a lighter body

Flat as a tack right now

Agreed, very flat. Nic was injecting a remarkable amount of clearances and energy back into the side.

Then again, everyone swore black and blue that it was season over last year following our Round 17 game against Collingwood where Nic Nat got hurt. That turned out ok.

Keep the faith peeps.

Agreed, very flat. Nic was injecting a remarkable amount of clearances and energy back into the side.

Then again, everyone swore black and blue that it was season over last year following our Round 17 game against Collingwood where Nic Nat got hurt. That turned out ok.

Keep the faith peeps.
Bit different this time around, at least for me. We got our flag last year. This year was for the three that missed out. Will be great to go again obviously but will be more bittersweet than last time because that’s what this year was effectively about.

Would also like to know why we let him play the game out (like Duggan the week before). Pretty sure he came off in the first quarter to have his ankle strapped which was presumably when the injury happened. I doubt very much that helped the inury at all.

Genuinely feel gutted but more for Nic Nat than anything. If there's someone who deserves a clear run at it, it's him.
Ditto.
But until I hear something credible to the contrary I will maintain some hope that his season isn't completely over. If it isn't, you know the boys will be doing their utmost to get him a finals game this year.

Would also like to know why we let him play the game out (like Duggan the week before). Pretty sure he came off in the first quarter to have his ankle strapped which was presumably when the injury happened. I doubt very much that helped the inury at all.
Players get their ankles strapped and run back out all the time. It should be a blanket policy for any player to have their ankles strapped on Optus though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre finals bye should help him.

It’s still 8 weeks until the first week of finals so I’m pretty confident he and Duggan will return this year.

How long did Ryan and Venables sit out last year with the same injury?
Im more worried about what it does for us up until he’s back (if he gets back at all). We won games alright without him to start the season but were also pretty sketchy form wise. We’re going to need at least 5 wins to put us in a solid position so not really ideal to be losing anyone right now.. let alone one of our most influential players. That one point is beginning to haunt us more by true day. Feeling a lot more confident without Nic if we won on Friday.

A bit cheesy maybe. But I was feeling really flat about Nic. However, the new “Survivor” ad just came on and I heard the voice over say, “champions find a way to win”. This is a champion team not a team of champions. Think positively. The lads need our support and full faith in them. I know we did it with Vardy & Slyce playing out of their skins, but Hickey seems genuinely stoked at the chance to play finals for once. Vardy will want to play out of his skin once he’s back knowing he could play finals again this year and he’ll be wanting to keep his spot if Nic’s a chance of getting back. Plus Ollen is mature beyond his years, not that I expect him to beat a Grundy type if it comes to it but I’d back him in to compete well against Geelong/Richmond rucks.

Steps were taken to ensure this didn't happen. The carpark doesn't impact the surface. Groundstaff at Optus reckon the problem is the drainage is so efficient that any water on the surface soaks through to the drainage system before it can be absorbed and soften the turf up.

Duhhh.

As soon as I read 40cm of gravel 30cm of sand and 4cm of turf I worked out the problem.

You put sand under concrete slabs as a firm foundation.

The idiots need to remove 15cm of sand and use some actual top soil to soften the ground.

I know this and Im just a keen gardener.

I mean this month we are celebrating 50 years since we put a man on the moon.

But the Wally's out West at Optus cant manage grass?

It isnt even funny people its a state embarrassment.

4c28ccfc8672a72413aec9375bcd143a.jpg

Keep the faith peeps.

A bit different last year though we had Vardy and Lycett, this year it's Hickey and who Brooksby ?, he couldn't get a regular game at Gold Coast, our ruck stocks are in a worse way now.

Sadly Nic seems to be made of plastic, blaming the medical staff is pointless, he just manages to get injury after injury . We will never see the best he can be, just fleeting moments in a season.

Like the positivity but it’s hard to see him back this season. I reckon Duggans only an outside chance and he has an extra week with a lighter body

Flat as a tack right now
Yeah it sucks but he'll return given there's still 8 rounds of the season to go then a bye round. We definitely wont have him pushing 65-70% of game time by the time finals come about though and then there the whole problem of securing top four without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back