Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sexy
9337340-3x2-700x467.jpg

This is not
__Christian_Bock_EFC_205cm_Man_09.jpg

#RealRuckmanHaveCurves
Whos thaylt at the bottom, a prisoner of war?

Can someone who is on Twitter please link this to NicNat and the club?

Just in case it may help?
Hey guys, sorry for the intrusion, but my ears were burning!

I'm the Physio who wrote the article on Nic Nat - sorry to hear he's having some new injury issues.

I agree with the comments a few posts up regarding the medical staff would be looking hard at everything to do with Nic Nats injuries including landing mechanics etc.

Unfortunately there's a very real chance Nic Nat still has the same underlying ankle stiffness that may have set his knees up to fail when they did.

As far as I can tell the image below was from the game against the Pies where he hurt his ankle.

It's obviously just an image and is hard to draw much from, but squatting with your heels off the ground is a classic sign of someone whose ankle are still stiff. Again, not concrete as you'd have to assess him first hand to be sure, but it's the same as the image I used in the article above.

I have no doubt the club is working hard to solve his issues, but for some reason my industry as a whole seems to gloss over things that are stiff- depsite how simple it often seems. Perhaps because stiffness doesnt hurt and needs you to directly look for it to find it.

Either way, I'd love to get my hands on him and see what's going on for myself but in the meantime I hope he's back ASAP for guys.

10dce9279388f508007dc15a4c758a1a.jpg

I'm the Physio who wrote the article on Nic Nat - sorry to hear he's having some new injury issues.

I agree with the comments a few posts up regarding the medical staff would be looking hard at everything to do with Nic Nats injuries including landing mechanics etc.

Unfortunately there's a very real chance Nic Nat still has the same underlying ankle stiffness that may have set his knees up to fail when they did.

As far as I can tell the image below was from the game against the Pies where he hurt his ankle.

It's obviously just an image and is hard to draw much from, but squatting with your heels off the ground is a classic sign of someone whose ankle are still stiff. Again, not concrete as you'd have to assess him first hand to be sure, but it's the same as the image I used in the article above.

I have no doubt the club is working hard to solve his issues, but for some reason my industry as a whole seems to gloss over things that are stiff- depsite how simple it often seems. Perhaps because stiffness doesnt hurt and needs you to directly look for it to find it.

Either way, I'd love to get my hands on him and see what's going on for myself but in the meantime I hope he's back ASAP for guys.

I found your article very interesting, thanks for taking the time to write it up and educate the clueless (thats me!) on this sort of stuff

I found your article very interesting, thanks for taking the time to write it up and educate the clueless (thats me!) on this sort of stuff
Cheers. It's not to say I'm right about Nic Nat, more so what I see of him represents what I see clinically every day . Its potentially really positive as it's not hard to rejigg these issues. You just have to be aware of them in the first place.

I was once into weightlifting - it was surprising how many people took time to develop enough flexibility to squat deep with flat feet
it all joins together

I said this a last year that Nicnat should just be in the lumbering ruckman role .. The days of him playing a Ruck rover role with his age and injury history Nicnat should be told to just be a ruckman now and make your marking the strength to his game..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Riiiiight.

So dont follow up, dont chase or pressure just jog from one ruck stoppage to rhe next?

Dont compete unless rucking or marking!

Got it.

:think:o_O:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Riiiiight.

So dont follow up, dont chase or pressure just jog from one ruck stoppage to rhe next?

Dont compete unless rucking or marking!

Got it.

:think:o_O:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Longevity is the important thing soon his body won’t be able to handle the flashy side to his game ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let me ask the people in this thread a legitimate question:

Say we make the grand final. Enquires are made about the current fitness of Naitanui and the medical staff say that Nic can take the field........but he will only be able to play 25-30% of game time. Max.

Do you play him, or does he sit the grand final out?

Say we make the grand final. Enquires are made about the current fitness of Naitanui and the medical staff say that Nic can take the field........but he will only be able to play 25-30% of game time. Max.

He sits it out. That’s effectively going into a GF one man down and would be unfair on the player he replaces

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't happen. If he's capable of playing even 10 minutes then he's capable of playing for as long as his fitness allows. He'd be returning with low conditioning but even so you would expect him to play 50% and upward of game-time. The trick would be him being very specific about his running/role, use him at stoppages and basically nothing else.

If he's over the injury, you play him in a grand final. It wouldn't be 25-30%. It's not managed minutes. It's either - can he play or can he not?

A grand final is a totally different scenario to a round 15 game.
Play him fresh for the last quarter only.
Controversial but just might be effective

West Coast Eagles

@WestCoastEagles

·
2m

“We’ve avoided surgery with Nic and we’re going to take a conservative path. If he can get through the next two weeks and return to running, we’re hoping about six weeks and we’ll take that as a win.” Simpson on Naitanui
West Coast Eagles

@WestCoastEagles

·
1m

“We’re one week in at the moment and we will update you as things progress. It sounds complicated but it is straight forward. It’s not as devastating as what we thought it could have been.” Simpson on Naitanui

West Coast Eagles
@WestCoastEagles

·
2m

“We’ve avoided surgery with Nic and we’re going to take a conservative path. If he can get through the next two weeks and return to running, we’re hoping about six weeks and we’ll take that as a win.” Simpson on Naitanui
West Coast Eagles
@WestCoastEagles

·
1m

“We’re one week in at the moment and we will update you as things progress. It sounds complicated but it is straight forward. It’s not as devastating as what we thought it could have been.” Simpson on Naitanui

I like the sound of this!

West Coast Eagles
@WestCoastEagles

·
2m

West Coast Eagles
@WestCoastEagles

·
1m

Does anyone know how to unslice a wrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back