Injury Injury thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a sneaky feeling Hurn was pulled out so we could get a better runner into the backline to hopefully expose Demons lack of fwd line. The outcome doesnt matter now thou. Bunga has had a rest now all good. Hutch and Duggo will be well rested.
I have a sneaky feeling Hurn had a sore calf and you're a complete numpty

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I have a sneaky feeling Hurn was pulled out so we could get a better runner into the backline to hopefully expose Demons lack of fwd line. The outcome doesnt matter now thou. Bunga has had a rest now all good. Hutch and Duggo will be well rested.
What’s the plan this week? North’s defence could be a little short if Thompson doesn’t get up. Think we should drop Darling and JK for another 2 runners..

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
7 weeks from injury to qualifying final 9 weeks to prelim. If there ever was a time push the fitness a bit then would be it. Nic will play if he has a sliver of a chance

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Nic Nat saying he has "a glimmer of hope" of playing finals this year subject to fortnightly improvement. Scan was shiite.
Skipping surgery in hope right for September. Could backfire and put him out until January if re injuresor doesn't heal but I guess risk reward is worth it

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly surprised I’ve never seen a hungrytiger post on Nuffies on AFL Pages

2C33AA59-C8D2-449F-8296-2786C3DC8672.jpeg

HT is Kate confirmed

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Yes Hurn the captain of our footy club stepped aside and wasnt injured to hand Franky a club debut. Hurn who i might add is probably in career best form too. But yeah cheers.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
WAFL level umpiring IMO. That girl umpire was consistently 30 or 40 meters away from any action. She was really struggling to keep up at times. At one stage in the 3rd it kinda looked like the other umpire told her to hurry up the ground more.
eleni is ******* shocking most games with us shes been atrocious very whistle happy one quarter none the next. not as bad as that campaigner ray

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Eleni is frustrating to watch but I kinda feel for her at the same time. The pressure on her is much greater than any ump out there these days and hence it's not surprising she's prone to some really horrendous decisions. The more games she officiates the better she will get IMO.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Eleni is frustrating to watch but I kinda feel for her at the same time. The pressure on her is much greater than any ump out there these days and hence it's not surprising she's prone to some really horrendous decisions. The more games she officiates the better she will get IMO.

Honestly I don't she is all that different from the other umps she is just more recognisable. I mean what about that ump that gave away that critical free in the North/Bris game? But since we don't know his name he sort of falls under the radar.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly I don't she is all that different from the other umps she is just more recognisable. I mean what about that ump that gave away that critical free in the North/Bris game? But since we don't know his name he sort of falls under the radar.
Good point well made. Everybody remembers howler decisions, like the Norf/Brisbane one, or the comedy that was the ANZAC day umpiring, but I have nfi who blew or failed to blow any of those whistles. A standard quality umpire with a giant mohawk would also be considered terrible at his job because everyone would remember the clearly identifiable umpire and his mistakes.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
That interview confirmed to me that he's no chance. Pretty much confirms that the surgeon said he needed surgery and he's delaying on a 1% chance of a miracle.
Yeah I’m not getting my hopes up. Have learnt from the last 2 times he’s done the knee to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it isn’t. In better news, just means we’ll have to threepeat with Cogs and Nic returning from injury to lead the charge :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back