Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

with one week to go before finals and you recommend giving poor Mallen a game with a role as a tagger where he has never done?? really?? I rather Mallen get de listed than going through your suggestion. That is harsh man.
Well, short of Yeo Redden or Shuey going down (which would be a disaster) I think he ain't getting a game. He is probably gone anyway, unfortunately. At least this might give him a chance. I will say he would have to demonstrate that he can do it at WAFL level first or its Brander mark 2 all over again.

Taggers need to be great runners and have a good deal of strength.

Nelson is srong enough but doesn't have the tank for it imo. He could probably do a job on a rangy small forward, but that's about it. I think he'd get blown up if he had to run with a Sidebottom all day, for instance.

I'm not sure who else could play the tagging role. Redden? We'd probably have seen him used in that role at least once if he was capable/not needed at the coalface.

Guessing the latter. I genuinely don't think they know he has to have a completely perfect recovery.

If they don't know if he can get up 2-weeks from finals then we are in a world of trouble.

I'd expect that they are really happy with how he is tracking, but putting '2-weeks' on the injury report just whips everyone into a frenzy for no reason. Just do that in the week of the pre-finals bye to avoid distraction.

That tall bloke who wears number 9 isn't that important anyway, has hardly played a game in years.

I can understand neglecting to mention him. Hickey is dominating anyway.

Be interesting to see if we play a tagger in the Beagles this week. Maybe gives MAllen a shot or more likely give Hammer or Ainsworth a role like that. Maybe that Nelson gets replaced by Duggan and plays tagger at WAFL level. Would be surprised if we didn't have a contingency plan.
I remember reading about Brayshaw doing some shutdown roles in the WAFL before. I dunno how effective he was in doing so.

The complete omission of you-know-who from the injury report is odd. It's like "Shhh, don't mention the war". I tend to think no news is unfortunately bad news.

RE Nic - Thinking that the club just gets tired of saying the same thing I.e Nic is still ticking all the boxes and we’ll see where we are when the first week of finals is upon us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taggers need to be great runners and have a good deal of strength.

Nelson is srong enough but doesn't have the tank for it imo. He could probably do a job on a rangy small forward, but that's about it. I think he'd get blown up if he had to run with a Sidebottom all day, for instance.

I'm not sure who else could play the tagging role. Redden? We'd probably have seen him used in that role at least once if he was capable/not needed at the coalface.
Nelson has been in top 5 running stats for distance and average speed multiple times.

He is in much more danger of being out smarted than out worked.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back