Injury Injury thread 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shooshka

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone out of Schoey, NN, Ah Chee, Cameron, Duggan and Hurn won't be in the 26 man squad I guess.
Yep.

And it would make zero sense to hold Ah Chee and Cameron out of the wafl if they aren't even in the 26 (Schoey too, although possible he is cover for Hurn. Can still do that as one of the emergencies though).

So either NN is not playing (hopefully it is any of the other options!) Or Hurn or Duggan ruled out already...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

MrWoollie

Senior List
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps
Hurn should be ok considering he played out the Hawks game.
It's one of those can't win if it goes wrong situations.

Don't play him and we lose - we look like dicks.
Play him and we're winning comfortably and he does his hammy - we look like dicks.
Win the game and he does his hammy early next week - we look like dicks.

Fletcher25

All Australian
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It's one of those can't win if it goes wrong situations.

Don't play him and we lose - we look like dicks.
Play him and we're winning comfortably and he does his hammy - we look like dicks.
Win the game and he does his hammy early next week - we look like dicks.
IMO if we lose to essendon we'll look like dicks regardless. I'd keep him out if he's in doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The stress fracture rumour maybe? But that was suppposed to be about a key eagle. I dont think Rioli is a key player though?
You don't?

I thought the rumour was simply that it was someone who played R23. If there was substance to it surely a journo would've sniffed it out by now. They get footage of the guys going for scans etc. Willie wouldn't have been able to do a presser without someone noticing a moon boot, crutches or a limp.

He's quoted talking about his midfield split and how at 77kgs he has no fear going up against the bigger bodies in the midfield. It would be very unusual to talk that way if you're injured.

ZergMinion

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Fremantle (AFLW)
The stress fracture rumour maybe? But that was suppposed to be about a key eagle. I dont think Rioli is a key player though?
He's not only a key player, but already had stress fracture problems earlier in the year.

But why worry? No-one expects us to win the flag from here, and one player doesn't make or break a premiership as last year showed, so enjoy each game as it comes. We'll either end up doing real damage, or have better trade chips for Tim Kelly and an easier draw next year.

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd like to champion for WillieNillie to be banned if this injury rumour he dropped during the bye week amounts to nothing 👍

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
By non key I mean replaceable. If we lost a Gov, Darling, Shuey or Yeo we'd be fcuked. We'd get a diminished return from a replacement if we had to replace Rioli but we would still be okay, I think.

Top Bottom