Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From a piece on Jetta being ready to go this week:

The Eagles are unlikely to make many changes to an outfit which won a third-straight game in the derby, with in-form forward Jake Waterman out of contention.

Waterman has bagged 10 goals in two WAFL appearances this season but has hamstring tightness.

Just watched Simpson's post match presser, said they have to wait and see on Barrass. Said that Tommy is probably "7th player in the last 20 weeks" to report a lower leg issue and he thinks they'll stop training at Optus and stick to Subi. On the subject of Lathlain he said "at least we can control that, we've got no control here" (Optus).

Fingers crossed for Tommy B.

Our new saviour:

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no ...10-12 weeks most likely .
If it's surgery could be season and career threatening but I'm being dramatic hopefully but feet problems are normally difficult .

It's convenient to blame it on the ground, but he had the problem in pre-season and has obviously pushed it a bit too far. I think the root cause is over-training.

Rather than doing the weekly dance of watching his weeks to return not changing, I'm going to just assume we won't see him again this season and will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. In the meantime, we have Schofield, Shep and Gov who can provide cover. Most teams don't have three good tall forwards so we should be safe.

It's convenient to blame it on the ground, but he had the problem in pre-season and has obviously pushed it a bit too far. I think the root cause is over-training.

Rather than doing the weekly dance of watching his weeks to return not changing, I'm going to just assume we won't see him again this season and will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. In the meantime, we have Schofield, Shep and Gov who can provide cover. Most teams don't have three good tall forwards so we should be safe.

Can try Brander or Allen down back and would be good to get games into Brander. Waterman in the wings means we loose much if we swing Allen down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back