Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurn won't play for two weeks whether it's a one weeker or not. We have the bye after Sydney and I expect he'd be available straight after the bye. He looked in good spirits and no ice that I could see?

Daresay we were up by eleventy so we parked him as caution. He did have the ball early on in the back right pocket and was waving our players to come at him and reduce his kicking distance. I only noticed it on the replay after knowing he was injured, but I saw him kick some 55m+ kicks later on in the game during general play.

I had "tightness" once. Hamstring locked tight mid step like a cramp and I went arse over rather than attempt to extend the leg (which I'm certain would have done me a serious mischief). I was all good straight after but took a week off just in case. Hurn will be fine.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 5.28.19 PM.png

TB making some serious strides.
Good to see young Brayshaw and Watson available this week.

No idea why the club would list Hurn as 1-2 weeks.

We have the bye, so one week and two weeks are effectively the same time frame. We then play Essendon on a short week the following round, so if Hurn’s injury lingers and he’s in doubt for that, the one week diagnosis seems ridiculous.

Just say two and buy yourself some wiggle room at the back end. Not like the Eagles have ever been forthcoming with injuries, this was a free kick.

Does anyone recall at what point we put a return date on NN last year and how many weeks later he played? He's essentially doing his preseason now and they're all smoke and mirrors with him. I'm sure it's so the team can just focus without the media jizz fest but it'd be nice to know how close he is.
My memory is that it was equally as vague albeit that the discussion centred on whether he’d play JLT or practice matches. Played at least one maybe 2 warmup games and wasn’t a confirmed round 1 starter until the teams were named

“After the bye” has been a convenient answer to keep speculation from the media (and fans) to a minimum but it’s going to be a daily topic once the Sydney game is done and dusted

My memory is that it was equally as vague albeit that the discussion centred on whether he’d play JLT or practice matches. Played at least one maybe 2 warmup games and wasn’t a confirmed round 1 starter until the teams were named

“After the bye” has been a convenient answer to keep speculation from the media (and fans) to a minimum but it’s going to be a daily topic once the Sydney game is done and dusted

Cheers mate. I deleted my post once I realised it made very little sense given NN played R1 and didn't come back part way through the year.

I agree that the post bye return is more tactical from us than anything. We are a very well resourced club managing one of our most unique players. Internally they would have updates daily on how he is tracking and some date on a calendar somewhere has been circled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back