Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. No training for a month. Must've been a shocking concussion

And whilst the hit was big - it wasnt catastrophic

Some people are just prone it seems.

Doesn't bode well long term i reckon

I remember Sheppard copped one of the worst elbows from Shaun McKernan flush - and he was able to shake it off and play

Other blokes with the same hit would fracture a bone and be concussed for 2 months. Luck of the draw - but I reckon (with no science) once you have had a bad one - that's you predisposed going forward

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
And whilst the hit was big - it wasnt catastrophic

Some people are just prone it seems.

Doesn't bode well long term i reckon

I remember Sheppard copped one of the worst elbows from Shaun McKernan flush - and he was able to shake it off and play

Other blokes with the same hit would fracture a bone and be concussed for 2 months. Luck of the draw - but I reckon (with no science) once you have had a bad one - that's you predisposed going forward
I don't think it's really that different from any other injury in that regard, two blokes might tweak their hammy in the same way, one has a minor strain the other tears it clean off the bone, human bodies are just fairly randomly constructed things.

I think teams are much more cautious in their management of these injuries after McCartin, 6+ weeks is a very long time for a concussion- that says to me it either wasn't his first one, or he experienced very significant symptoms for at least several weeks after getting the knock.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So Simmo said in his presser Hutch had done a 'normal hamstring'? Is that good or bad haha - is hoping for tightness too much to ask? I don't think they ice tightness do they?

Scans tomorrow according to Simmo.

Hopefully not too bad, his importance in the shutdown role was pretty clear today. When he went down Impey got dangerous. Last week on Saad was too.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
So Simmo said in his presser Hutch had done a 'normal hamstring'? Is that good or bad haha - is hoping for tightness too much to ask? I don't think they ice tightness do they?

Scans tomorrow according to Simmo.

Hopefully not too bad, his importance in the shutdown role was pretty clear today. When he went down Impey got dangerous. Last week on Saad was too.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Cripps take those roles now that Cameron’s in the side. I know he does the two way running already but on occasions like Saad and Impey he could sacrifice his game completely to a shut down role as we have 3 other small forwards cruising around. Could even tag in the middle too with his tank.. Love Hutch but would just give us a lot more versatility on offense and allow us to bring in an extra mid (Making room for TK in mind).

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Vardy hobbled off while playing for the Beagles on the weekend.

Leg/knee issue.

Strange it was not mentioned in the WAFL wrap on the website...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Redden you'd think. Can tag and can play on a wing.
Could be a good opportunity to play M.Allen in the guts if Redden moves out.
No. There's no evidence of him being a decent tagger.

Struggled as a defensive mid early last season and at times in 2017.

Yes he can play outside but with an even split inside. He played a vital role doing that last year in the finals.

The last thing we want to do is * around with an important mid at the back end of the year.

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Wouldn’t mind seeing Cripps take those roles now that Cameron’s in the side. I know he does the two way running already but on occasions like Saad and Impey he could sacrifice his game completely to a shut down role as we have 3 other small forwards cruising around. Could even tag in the middle too with his tank.. Love Hutch but would just give us a lot more versatility on offense and allow us to bring in an extra mid (Making room for TK in mind).
Rather give it to Nelson or Cole. Cripps is too handy in his current role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back