Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember when people couldn't get Hutch out of the team quick enough. Now he's injured and our entire structure is thrown out

As long as he’s tagging he has a place.

If he’s playing in a non-tagging role like he was previously he’s not good enough to play as a mid.

It’s two different scenarios

I reckon Venables is done for the year, very concerning
I'm not too worried about it. The fact he is able to do exercise is a good sign he is recovering. I think they've just gone ultra conservative given the problems other players have had with concussion. He's not exactly a required player on field either.

It's best for his development that he takes it easy for 2019 and can finally get a full pre-season under his belt.

I'm not too worried about it. The fact he is able to do exercise is a good sign he is recovering. I think they've just gone ultra conservative given the problems other players have had with concussion. He's not exactly a required player on field either.

It's best for his development that he takes it easy for 2019 and can finally get a full pre-season under his belt.
I think it's very concerning that he's already had 6 weeks off, most concussions that aren't serious wouldn't last more than a week or two I wouldn't have thought. The fact that he's coming up to a couple of months off says that's its on the more serious side of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's very concerning that he's already had 6 weeks off, most concussions that aren't serious wouldn't last more than a week or two I wouldn't have thought. The fact that he's coming up to a couple of months off says that's its on the more serious side of things.
agreed its a worry ..

There is a fairly large class action looming regarding past players and concussions which the lawyers have been working on for several years. It will be tested through the courts over the next 12 months and I would imagine the AFL and the various clubs will be named as correspondents to the action. We would be taking every possible precaution to not only do the right thing but to be seen to be doing the right thing in Venables particular case.

There is a fairly large class action looming regarding past players and concussions which the lawyers have been working on for several years. It will be tested through the courts over the next 12 months and I would imagine the AFL and the various clubs will be named as correspondents to the action. We would be taking every possible precaution to not only do the right thing but to be seen to be doing the right thing in Venables particular case.
good story but lots of guys who have had concussion come back much sooner .. its not about court action we give a * about its ... is he OK

good story but lots of guys who have had concussion come back much sooner .. its not about court action we give a **** about its ... is he OK
They are obviously taking every precaution to ensure that he is and will be okay with no ongoing problems. They also need top protect their own arses against any future litigation as this is going to be a big "thing" going forward.

good story but lots of guys who have had concussion come back much sooner .. its not about court action we give a **** about its ... is he OK
Agree with Royals, it's not about a lawsuit. Plenty of guys have had concussions since then and come back within a week or two, for him to still not be playing any football indicates that it's quite serious. Some people suffer the effects for months or even years afterwards.

Agree with Royals, it's not about a lawsuit. Plenty of guys have had concussions since then and come back within a week or two, for him to still not be playing any football indicates that it's quite serious. Some people suffer the effects for months or even years afterwards.
PA's Ebert was out for 6 weeks ....... varies from person to person, doctor to doctor, lawyer to lawyer and, after taking in all of the available information, club to club.

PA's Ebert was out for 6 weeks ....... varies from person to person, doctor to doctor, lawyer to lawyer and, after taking in all of the available information, club to club.
It mostly varies on the severity of the concussion, this is obviously on the serious end of things. My point is that they're not holding him out to stop a lawsuit, he's not playing because he's likely still experiencing ongoing symptoms, which is concerning.

It mostly varies on the severity of the concussion, this is obviously on the serious end of things. My point is that they're not holding him out to stop a lawsuit, he's not playing because he's likely still experiencing ongoing symptoms, which is concerning.
My point is that we may well be holding him out for longer to ensure that he will be okay long term and not suffer a reoccurrence as many other players have. The club will also be mindful of any potential litigation going forward.

My point is that we may well be holding him out for longer to ensure that he will be okay long term and not suffer a reoccurrence as many other players have. The club will also be mindful of any potential litigation going forward.
Maybe but I think Simmo said in his press conference a couple of weeks ago that he was hopeful that we'll see him back for the end of the season. That indicates to me that he's still having some symptoms.

Last edited:
Maybe but I think Simmo said in his press conference a couple of weeks ago that he was hopeful that we'll see him back for the end of the season. That indicates to me that he's still have some symptoms.
That’s my worry he is clearly still not right ..... and unless he had a few at junior level , it isn’t like it’s been a reoccurring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back