Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty cryptic from nicnat

Honestly, as long as it's not a knee or any knee damage. While it might * his H+A season/Finals, at least he might be up for an actual pre-season for the first time in ~5 years....silver linings r..right guys? Media seems to be all over it..doesn't look good.

Gutted for him if it's true, fingers crossed for the King.

1) Anyone speculating that its a season ending injury is full of s**t. A ankle break/fracture is pretty much the only thing that would guarantee that. If WCE had an X-Ray showing a break I doubt even they would bother playing silly buggers. Also doubt Nic could have played out the game.

2) It still doesn't sound good. We are notorious at down playing injuries so if it was a 0-3 week injury we would have just come out and said its a non issue.

3) These syndesmosis injuries are an indictment on the Optus playing surface. These are injuries caused by landing heavily on a hard surface causing upward force on the ligament holding the two leg bones together (it basically separates them). If that is the case here we are unlikely to see him again until finals at the earliest.

edit* a foot fracture would do it :(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what do we expect then?? 4-6 weeks?? Thatā€™s probably best case, and even then heā€™d be pushing it to come straight back in for a final. Imagine going B2B and Nic missing out again. Would be bitter sweet

Heard from a family friend whoā€™s pretty high up in the Collingwood footy dept that they donā€™t mind the Optus surface.

He said on Friday that they trained Thursday night on it and couldnā€™t believe how soft it was. Said compared to Marvel it was unbelievable. Reckons theyā€™ve ā€œgone too far the other wayā€ softening it up, which I found funny.

I wonder if the surface has been fixed and this is just one of those and luck things.

Whelp. I guess we gotta start treating Nic like Freo started treating Sandilands in the back end of his career - nice to have when he's fit, but don't count on him.

Sadly I just don't think the footy gods want him playing. Body cant hack it long-term.

Heard from a family friend whoā€™s pretty high up in the Collingwood footy dept that they donā€™t mind the Optus surface.

He said on Friday that they trained Thursday night on it and couldnā€™t believe how soft it was. Said compared to Marvel it was unbelievable. Reckons theyā€™ve ā€œgone too far the other wayā€ softening it up, which I found funny.

I wonder if the surface has been fixed and this is just one of those and luck things.
We must be very unlucky then. Duggan got the same injury last week. Donā€™t think Iā€™d ever heard of this many ankle injuries before we moved to Optus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back