Injury Injury thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Heard from a friend who works at SKG radiology.
The Eagles sent most of the playing group in for scans as a precautionary measure.

The ground is that much of an issue.
Better than ignoring it and making a guy with a previous issue run on a sore foot. Well run organisation in comparison to some

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Heard from a friend who works at SKG radiology.
The Eagles sent most of the playing group in for scans as a precautionary measure.

The ground is that much of an issue.
I actually look at this as a bit of a good thing.

Obviously Optus still has some issues with the turf, however I think they will make sure they don’t let it turn back into a concrete deck for the cricket summer, as I’m sure they make more money from footy.

As for the scans, it’s good they are on top of things and being cautious, I’m sure it is easier to monitor any possible injuries when you have multiple scans so you can see any changes.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Don't want to be all Chicken Little about it, but here's my latest estimate;

Barrass (MRO) 1 week (Let's face it it's gonna happen)
Hurn (calf) Test/1 week
McGovern (ankle) Test/???
Ah Chee (calf) Test
Bines (hernia) 1 week
Cripps (abductor) 2-3 weeks
Duggan (ankle) 2-3 weeks
Edwards (foot) 1 week
Foley (calf) Test
Hutchings (hamstring) 1 week
Naitanui (ankle) Somewhere between 5 weeks and the 3rd Millenium
Smith (hamstring) TBC
Vardy (knee/ankle) Test/1 week
Venables (concussion) Season

Worst case scenario, we could have 6-7 of our best 22 missing against Norf. To use an old phrase from the club "time to dig deeper".

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Xavier Ellis said after game Cripps started running on the weekend. On that note up for selection vs North. Hutch too will be in.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Xavier Ellis said after game Cripps started running on the weekend. On that note up for selection vs North. Hutch too will be in.
Dude. Just because a player can run, doesn't mean they're cleared from injury and can play AFL...

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Gov does have a tendency to go off like he’s copped a career ending injury to then come back on and be fine the next week. Let’s hope this is the same
I feel like Gov just limps around 24/7 having KFC and gets up for games.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

David King has raised serious doubts over the safety of the Optus Stadium surface, after an unprecedented number of players have fallen victim to syndesmosis injuries at the ground.

The Eagles, in particular, have been hit hard, with 10 players succumbing to ankle injuries while playing at the venue in 2019.

King said the prevalence of high grade sprains and syndesmosis injuries at the Eagles this year had been a “huge statistical outlier”, with West Coast having lost 10 players for an average of four to five weeks.

The purported AFL average for such ailments has been just eight matches, collectively.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Our guys might need to look at their landings too. We’ve got a lot of high fliers so that might be contributing. Yesterday away from home and we still copped an ankle. Wonder if medicos are onto this “stiff ankles” thing that was raised last week as well. Not saying Optus isn’t an issue, as we’ve had other lower leg injuries. But could be a combination of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back