Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems pretty clear that if he gets up it won't be in time to play a game or two before finals.

I'm still torn on whether we roll the dice with an underdone Nic Nat come finals. The game against the Pies really showed that we struggle to carry his reduced minutes if a runner goes down. He also tired in the last (albeit he was playing through injury) and Grundy ran amok.

I reckon you play Nic every day of the week. He generally comes back, plays well and then tires a few weeks later. Here we don't have that problem.

If we manage to make a prelim, I think that's when you play Nic Nat. He only has to get up for two games and I doubt he'd be playing 50% game time in a final.

Cripps for Cameron
Hutch for Petrol
Duggo for Waterman

Sheppard - Barrass - Schofield
Hurn - McGovern - Jetta
Gaff - Yeo - Masten
Cripps - Darling - Hutchings (tagger)
Rioli - Kennedy - Ryan

Hickey - Shuey - Sheed

Nelson - Redden - Nelson - OAllen

OAllen and Hickey can be resting forwards. Nelson can also tag. Enough midfield rotations. Forward line could be strengthened with Cameron but come finals I think it's too much of a risk. Shuey, Yeo & Sheed also kick goals regularly
I would like to see a Petrol retain his spot - think taking out 2 of our smalls may unbalance the side, albeit Cripps is coming back. I'm a bit meh about Hutch coming back in as obviously Nelson would be the player to go out but after his recent form you can't drop Nelson.

I feel like Hickey or OAllen could end up being modern Jaymie Graham if NIC does come back
Wouldn't OAllen replace Waterman in the forward line, with him being the better player and more versatile. Would like to see Hickey retain his spot just in case. So then Waterman would be the unlucky one.

If Nic does make it back it would surely have to be at the expense of Hickey or OA? I don't think we can carry all three - it cost us during the Collingwood game. Whatever happens someone would be very, very stiff.

Cripps injuring his groin before half time, and Nic on one leg after quarter time cost us the Collingwood game. All three (Nic, Hick, OA) played together just fine in the Dockers and Hawks games before it.

So Nic lied to my mate 2day then. Straight from Nic he said 2 weeks. Hawks game. 1 game before finals.

Heads up too. These pro clubs always lie. They very rarely talk the truth.

So Nic lied to my mate 2day then. Straight from Nic he said 2 weeks. Hawks game. 1 game before finals.

Heads up too. These pro clubs always lie. They very rarely talk the truth.
I’m inclined to believe that Nic fed your mate some untruths moreso

I’m not sure Simmo would broadcast the above tweet if there was any chance at all Nic plays in the H&A

Hopefully he does, but I can’t see Simpson lying outright sorry.

Cripps injuring his groin before half time, and Nic on one leg after quarter time cost us the Collingwood game. All three (Nic, Hick, OA) played together just fine in the Dockers and Hawks games before it.
JJK didn't play in the derby so playing Nic, Hickey and OA didn't matter-plus the Dockers were complete ****. I missed the Hawks game but didn't OA play in the backline because we were missing McGovern and Barrass? So again because we were missing some talls we were able to play them. IMO our best footy this year has been when we've played just the one ruck plus OA. If we were to play all three I think we leave ourselves vulnerable against a side like Richmond-especially if we were to loose a running player. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Nic does make it back it would surely have to be at the expense of Hickey or OA? I don't think we can carry all three - it cost us during the Collingwood game. Whatever happens someone would be very, very stiff.

This.

We cant carry 3 talls like Allen, Hickey and Naitanui against teams like Richmond and Brisbane who will run us off our feet and cut us up.

We already have Schofield, Barrass, Gov down back and Darling + Kennedy up forward. Another three is too much.

It means we cut one of our small forward like Cameron or Petch.

Finals 2019 Best 22

FB Hurn Barrass Schofield
B Jetta Gov Sheppard
C Sheed Yeo Gaff
HF Cripps Darling Rioli
FF Ryan Kennedy Allen
R Naitanui Shuey Redden

I Hickey Hutchings Masten Duggan

E Petch Cameron Nelson

Too tall?

Schofield maybe the most likely in the gun if we want to keep Hickey Allen and Naitanui?

I actually feel more comfortable with Schofield in the team as it allows Gav and Barrass to go for their marks which is more important to us than having another tall in the front half.

I smell a Miguel-esque account bet

No account bets required just a simple board ban for a particular poster if Naitanui doesn’t play against Hawthorn

To keep it fair I will also board ban Adam Simpson if Naitanui does play that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back