Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m inclined to believe that Nic fed your mate some untruths moreso

I’m not sure Simmo would broadcast the above tweet if there was any chance at all Nic plays in the H&A

Hopefully he does, but I can’t see Simpson lying outright sorry.
It's easily fixed. He will play Hawks. Simmo will come out and admit that NN's recovery was quicker than expected. Pretty standard in Media.

No account bets required just a simple board ban for a particular poster if Naitanui doesn’t play against Hawthorn

To keep it fair I will also board ban Adam Simpson if Naitanui does play that game

Image result for my man gif

It's easily fixed. He will play Hawks. Simmo will come out and admit that NN's recovery was quicker than expected. Pretty standard in Media.

Quite true

Could play WAFL when we play the hawks (depending on if there's even a wafl game for him to play that week)

There is WAFL, the day after our Hawks game, but it’s the last game for the season and the Beagles are highly, highly unlikely to play finals so that would be the last opportunity to get non AFL match fitness into him.

JJK didn't play in the derby so playing Nic, Hickey and OA didn't matter-plus the Dockers were complete ****. I missed the Hawks game but didn't OA play in the backline because we were missing McGovern and Barrass? So again because we were missing some talls we were able to play them. IMO our best footy this year has been when we've played just the one ruck plus OA. If we were to play all three I think we leave ourselves vulnerable against a side like Richmond-especially if we were to loose a running player. Just my opinion.
I think if we brought Nic in for Waterman we’d have a similar mix. Allen is effectively playing “second ruck” if we use our 2018 structure. So Hickey/Nic move to that second ruck, Allen moves to Watermans spot (+ maybe share ruck fwd 50 with JD), Nic takes most of the centre bounces and Hickey does the rest.

If Nic does make it back it would surely have to be at the expense of Hickey or OA? I don't think we can carry all three - it cost us during the Collingwood game. Whatever happens someone would be very, very stiff.

I reckon it would be at the expense of Waterman.

Nic Nat, Hickey and OA all played in the same team for the games he played earlier this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon it would be at the expense of Waterman.

Nic Nat, Hickey and OA all played in the same team for the games he played earlier this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My best 22 (barring injuries of course) is this weeks side with Waterman making way for Duggan. Hutchings to play in the forward line on the rebounding defender and Nelson to be used wherever is necessary in defence/midfield. Richmond especially (and I think Brisbane to a lesser extent) have a few of those interchangeable forwards and mids; I think Nelson could be a good match up here; he can go with them in midfield and pick them up when they go forward.
I like Schofield in the side because his presence seems to make McGovern and Barrass play better. Which leaves one of Hickey or OA for Nic Nat (presuming his fit.)

When we played Nic, Hickey and OA against Hawthorn and Freo we were missing other talls (so it worked ok) but against Collingwood it cost us when we lost Cripps; I just think playing all three leaves us vulnerable especially if we were to loose a running player in game. Glad I'm not match committee.

My best 22 (barring injuries of course) is this weeks side with Waterman making way for Duggan. Hutchings to play in the forward line on the rebounding defender and Nelson to be used wherever is necessary in defence/midfield. Richmond especially (and I think Brisbane to a lesser extent) have a few of those interchangeable forwards and mids; I think Nelson could be a good match up here; he can go with them in midfield and pick them up when they go forward.
I like Schofield in the side because his presence seems to make McGovern and Barrass play better. Which leaves one of Hickey or OA for Nic Nat (presuming his fit.)

When we played Nic, Hickey and OA against Hawthorn and Freo we were missing other talls (so it worked ok) but against Collingwood it cost us when we lost Cripps; I just think playing all three leaves us vulnerable especially if we were to loose a running player in game. Glad I'm not match committee.

It is a good dilemma to have. Having Cripps and Nic Nat injured early against Collingwood didn't help us. Nic Nat actually beat Grundy in that match... which reinforces to me that, even 80% fit, Nic would be worth having in the team. Our tall backs were well and truly off their game in the first half of that match as well.

Also worth noting, with Sidebottem et al. running across half foreword before the bounce at each CBD, we would have received about 20 free kicks if the umpires had correctly officiated the starting positions rule. Then Nic's influence would have been even more pronounced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a good dilemma to have. Having Cripps and Nic Nat injured early against Collingwood didn't help us. Nic Nat actually beat Grundy in that match... which reinforces to me that, even 80% fit, Nic would be worth having in the team. Our tall backs were well and truly off their game in the first half of that match as well.

Also worth noting, with Sidebottem et al. running across half foreword before the bounce at each CBD, we would have received about 20 free kicks if the umpires had correctly officiated the starting positions rule. Then Nic's influence would have been even more pronounced.
Why is it that umpires cant learn how to officiate games correctly - it would be a nice change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back