Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky we've got Norm

I have wondered about his fitness in the last few weeks. It looked to me like his explosiveness had gone missing. It’s as if he has been carrying an injury. Anyone else think he might not be 100%? I know most players are sore at this stage of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wondered about his fitness in the last few weeks. It looked to me like his explosiveness had gone missing. It’s as if he has been carrying an injury. Anyone else think he might not be 100%? I know most players are sore at this stage of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. But being at the game last week the whole team looked tired. Gaff looked like he was running through soft sand dunes as Smith peeled away from him with the ball.

We may have upped our training load with a big pre finals block and possibly got the numbers a little wrong. This week off should be telling in that regard. Either we come out fresh and breathing fire or we're still sore and lethargic. It is a bloody long season and our midfield unit have shouldered a big load with very little chop out.

I was opposed to the pre finals bye, but now the week off will give the players extra time to recover from niggles and injuries.

We are not the only team feeling the pinch. I see this as a brand new season now, so now it is unknown how teams will perform after the week off. Geelong's record of losing after a bye has been well documented, but hopefully after the break the players will be ready to give it 100%.

I have a feeling that there will be a late withdrawal of one of our key players but hopefully Nic Nat will be playing and hopefully being only able to play 50% to 60% of the game won't be a hindrance to the team

According to Travis King;

Naitanui will ramp things up during Friday's main training session and if he gets through that unscathed he should be back for next Thursday's elimination final against Essendon. There is a watch on Shannon Hurn (hamstring), Tom Barrass (finger) and Brad Sheppard (ribs) but it would surprise if any of that defensive trio missed the Bombers clash. Smith could be back for West Coast's WAFL side in its finals debut this Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

??? whos got a stress fracture? Hurn?

I'm now the primary pusher of this rumour which is pretty shitty, damn bye week. WillieNillie reckons one of our players from R23 will be ruled out at the death with a stress fracture. It's all hush hush.

I deduced this could be why Hurn missed AA (moon boot, surgery, in hospital?) but perhaps that was coincidence and perhaps it's all BS.

Haggers has uncovered most of the dirt on us lately and even he isn't chirping so fingers crossed it's nothing.

I'm now the primary pusher of this rumour which is pretty s**tty, damn bye week. WillieNillie reckons one of our players from R23 will be ruled out at the death with a stress fracture. It's all hush hush.

I deduced this could be why Hurn missed AA (moon boot, surgery, in hospital?) but perhaps that was coincidence and perhaps it's all BS.

Haggers has uncovered most of the dirt on us lately and even he isn't chirping so fingers crossed it's nothing.
Wouldn't be surprised tbh. Hurn was clearly injured on the weekend. Refused to kick longer than 20m.

I'm now the primary pusher of this rumour which is pretty s**tty, damn bye week. WillieNillie reckons one of our players from R23 will be ruled out at the death with a stress fracture. It's all hush hush.

Hurn did a press conference with Simmo on Tuesday. Confirmed he had a tight hammy. Stress fracture talk is a nonsense

And play four days later?
Maybe the thinking was that there was no plan to use him on Thursday due to no tagging requirement and to save him for a specific tagging role against the Pies (Sidebottom) or Geelong (Dangerfield/Duncan) the week after.

This would have given him a WAFL match then a +/-13 day break to the SF. Now he has to play against Essendon or be on a loooong break before the SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back