Injury Injury thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a do or die final. If Hurn and Hutchings are fit, then I say play them. Hutchings tagged Saad into oblivion last time we played, which is a key to winning. Of course, Hutchings needs to ha e actually passed a rigorous fitness test, if they think he's good but he hasn't been able to do the work yet, then he should def miss.

No need to be too clever here, repeat what we did 2 months ago and we get the win.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Bringing in Nic AND two guys off hammys is asking for trouble I reckon. Realistically we should be able to account for Essendon at home one or two down our best (I'm worried, but if we are any chance of a flag, we should beat a team with a % under 100 at home)

Given the matchup I'd almost go Hutch over the other two for this week.

Selection will be very interesting

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

West Coast coach Adam Simpson is confident both captain Shannon Hurn and ruckman Nic Naitanui will play in Thursday night’s elimination final against Essendon after they got through training unscathed at Optus Stadium last night.

ME ME ME

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I think they also said the Mark Hutchings is going along well and could be named. So we have to put faith in the West coast brain trust on whether they will include him. If so, then Adam Saad will be in for one uncomfortable night

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
So if Nic was ready to go a few weeks ago, why the hell didn’t we play him against the Hawks, when we knew a win would secure top 4, and a loss would more than likely drop us to fifth?? That loss ruined our season and destroyed any chance of going back to back, he should’ve played to give us the best chance to finish top 4. Then he could’ve played the QF and had a week off with a win before another 2 games in a row. Now he has to play 4 in a row if we get that far. Mind boggling.

So if Nic was ready to go a few weeks ago, why the hell didn’t we play him against the Hawks, when we knew a win would secure top 4, and a loss would more than likely drop us to fifth?? That loss ruined our season and destroyed any chance of going back to back, he should’ve played to give us the best chance to finish top 4. Then he could’ve played the QF and had a week off with a win before another 2 games in a row. Now he has to play 4 in a row if we get that far. Mind boggling.

Do you even 4D chess?

:$

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm pretty sure most people thought we would beat the Hawks at home, with or without NN.

They're just playing it safe with him.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I think if he’s been right to go for a few weeks we should’ve at least got 1 game into him before finals. Benefit of hindsight obviously as we were strong favourites to at least be top 4 with a double chance.. but bringing him back for a sudden death final has me all kinds of nervous. That being said, if we get to play all 4 games with no game day injuries including Nic, I think we can pull it off.

Syndesmosis injuries are 6-8 weeks in general. This is week 7. There's no way Nic's been fit for several weeks, I think this is just a way to dispel any 'are you rushing him in underdone' talk with the doubts surrounding him, Hurn and Hutchy all for the same final.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
What's more interesting is that hungrytiger was correct all along, NN was ready to go.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
HoneyBadger35 are you questioning Simmo now??? LMAO...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rioli is right to go too guys..the mail man says so..he was with Jetts, Ryan & Cameron yesterdee.

Jetts has the job on Tipper by the way too.

HoneyBadger35 are you questioning Simmo now??? LMAO...

Rioli is right to go too guys..the mail man says so..he was with Jetts, Ryan & Cameron yesterdee.

Jetts has the job on Tipper by the way too.

Love the mail man.

Nic is back to play Hawks. The mail man says that he is 100% playing in 2 weeks.

He was so quiet last game, barely noticed him mate.

Last edited:
Simmo just confirmed he was ready to go for Hawks game and thats what Nic said himself to the mail man so EAD.

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good yarn HoneyBadger35

Ah, Simmo. The entirely trustworthy and infallible source now that it backs up your pretence of intel.

A few weeks ago it was this:
Heads up too. These pro clubs always lie. They very rarely talk the truth.

But now it's confirmation because of one line of editorial by a West Australian journo without any actual direct quote from Simpson.

Your sources are worth specifically zero mate. Nic Nat doesn't have bone bruising, he's not retiring to become an AFL Ambassador, he didn't 100% play against the Hawks and your mail man just got laid off. Cheers for the completely random tag, go Eagles :thumbsu:

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Thats straight from the horses mouth too. The Mail Man is lifetime indigenous mate who is related to Jetts.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
tenor.gif

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I know it doesn't really matter but it annoys me how the club can stamp "indefinite" next to NN's name for 7 weeks and then change it to "test" in the space of a week.

Are there no directions from the league around content and reasonable accuracy of these injury lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back