Injury Injury Updates 2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
At this stage, the Power should have a full list to choose from for round one. Marquee recruit Tom Rockliff is on a modified training program after having post-season shoulder surgery, but should be right for the JLT Community Series. Rockliff started pre-season training running laps with star forward Robbie Gray, who has finished chemotherapy after having surgery for testicular cancer in September. Gray is also expected to increase his training loads after the Christmas break.

Key defender Jack Hombsch is back on the track after right hip surgery in August, while ruck/forward Billy Frampton is also being eased back into it after a shoulder reconstruction in August. - Lee Gaskin

Rule them out for round one: None

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-09/medical-room-whos-on-the-injury-list-at-your-club

aside from the obvious, is Robbie’s preseason likely to put him behind the eightball with preparation?

Be great to see Frampton break into afl team based on killing it in SANFL and on track

I can’t ever see Billy being a consistent AFL player but I reckon he will turn into a more than capable guy that can step up when required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id like to see Frampton being phased in with Westhoff getting phased out

westhoff should be looking over his shoulder for Watts and Marshall, not frampton. Frampton is more suited to Trengove's old role.

Westhoff ain't gonna be phased out just for the sake of it. He's still performing at a level that Ken is happy with. He's so durable and I've said in the past that if we could have our own Dustin Fletcher, he'd be it.

Westhoff ain't gonna be phased out just for the sake of it. He's still performing at a level that Ken is happy with. He's so durable and I've said in the past that if we could have our own Dustin Fletcher, he'd be it.

To tell you the truth, I can see him slipping into a KP defensive role in the years ahead and serving for another 5 years or so

To tell you the truth, I can see him slipping into a KP defensive role in the years ahead and serving for another 5 years or so
i agree with this, have always thought Westhoff would make a great CHB, i just dont know why no-one hasnt tried playing him in that position for a extended period of time

Can't see that happening. Two completely different types of players.
yes they are, im talking about a different dynamic in the team, playing an extra Ruckman to give Ryder more time in a forward position, I think the possibility of Frampton & Ryder as a duo is a scarier proposition to opp teams than Westhoff & Ryder, I just dont really like Westhoff as a free wheeling type player who runs everywhere for little impact, i would rather seem him play in one position, you could quite easily play him close to goal with Dixon moving up the ground or play him as a key defensive post

yes they are, im talking about a different dynamic in the team, playing an extra Ruckman to give Ryder more time in a forward position, I think the possibility of Frampton & Ryder as a duo is a scarier proposition to opp teams than Westhoff & Ryder, I just dont really like Westhoff as a free wheeling type player who runs everywhere for little impact, i would rather seem him play in one position, you could quite easily play him close to goal with Dixon moving up the ground or play him as a key defensive post

We tried the 'give Ryder more time in a forward position' when he first joined the club in 2015, and it failed miserably.

This past season we saw Ryder at his best playing 95% of the ruck. We don't need to reinvent the wheel on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back