Injury Injury Updates 2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree with this, have always thought Westhoff would make a great CHB, i just dont know why no-one hasnt tried playing him in that position for a extended period of time

With what Doogs showed towards the end of this year, he will be our CHB for the next decade.

We tried the 'give Ryder more time in a forward position' when he first joined the club in 2015, and it failed miserably.

This past season we saw Ryder at his best playing 95% of the ruck. We don't need to reinvent the wheel on this one.
it didnt fail on Ryders end, it failed because we had Lobbe getting smashed in the ruck

i agree with this, have always thought Westhoff would make a great CHB, i just dont know why no-one hasnt tried playing him in that position for a extended period of time

especially as the legs age, he could be better suited to a less taxing position than the "everywhere" man

Because he doesn't have that mindset to be a defender full time. Sure you could use him in patches, but not for an entire game.

incoming injury report in 3... 2... 1...
Power skipper suffers hand injury at training
PORT Adelaide skipper Travis Boak has injured his right hand in a training drill.
Boak hurt his hand while fending off a teammate at training last Friday.
He had his hand strapped and has extra padding, allowing him to train without doing any ball drills on Monday.
Boak hasn't had scans and will be monitored during the week.
New teammate Jack Watts said Boak wasn't concerned the injury was anything serious when he spoke to him.
"The mids were doing a bit of extra tackling," Watts said.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-11/power-skipper-travis-boak-suffers-hand-injury-at-training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol **** me
anigif_original-grid-image-15726-1384183899-3.gif

it didnt fail on Ryders end, it failed because we had Lobbe getting smashed in the ruck

So you think it would be a good idea to take the All-Australian ruck from this past season and change his role?

If we're going to tinker with the lineup and strategy, don't get cute with Ryder. He's the best in the league as the #1 ruck, keep him in that role.

Power skipper suffers hand injury at training
PORT Adelaide skipper Travis Boak has injured his right hand in a training drill.
Boak hurt his hand while fending off a teammate at training last Friday.
He had his hand strapped and has extra padding, allowing him to train without doing any ball drills on Monday.
Boak hasn't had scans and will be monitored during the week.
New teammate Jack Watts said Boak wasn't concerned the injury was anything serious when he spoke to him.
"The mids were doing a bit of extra tackling," Watts said.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-11/power-skipper-travis-boak-suffers-hand-injury-at-training
SPP causing damage already ;)

So you think it would be a good idea to take the All-Australian ruck from this past season and change his role?

If we're going to tinker with the lineup and strategy, don't get cute with Ryder. He's the best in the league as the #1 ruck, keep him in that role.
Keep him in that role yes, but he was run down by the end of the season. No one (sane) is suggesting turn Ryder into a 30% ruck / 70% forward, but if he was 80-90% rucking this year across the season (and clearly had hit the wall in the West Coast final), then next year aim for 70-75%. Enough extra time out of ruck to have him cherry ripe for September, not limping in.

Keep him in that role yes, but he was run down by the end of the season. No one (sane) is suggesting turn Ryder into a 30% ruck / 70% forward, but if he was 80-90% rucking this year across the season (and clearly had hit the wall in the West Coast final), then next year aim for 70-75%. Enough extra time out of ruck to have him cherry ripe for September, not limping in.

Ryder was worn down? Prior to finals his 3 games prior he averaged 41 hitouts, over 13 touches per game and kicked 3 goals. He was playing fine. Trying to say that he was cooked because he had a bad game against West Coast is really pushing it.

Ryder was worn down? Prior to finals his 3 games prior he averaged 41 hitouts, over 13 touches per game and kicked 3 goals. He was playing fine. Trying to say that he was cooked because he had a bad game against West Coast is really pushing it.
Collingwood - No ruckmen and didn't dominate, Western Bulldogs - No ruckmen and didn't dominate, Gold Coast - No ruckmen and didn't dominate.

Wasn't really up against much.

The game before those walk overs was the game where he conceded 3 Brownlow votes and the showdown medal to Sam Jacobs.

Collingwood - No ruckmen and didn't dominate, Western Bulldogs - No ruckmen and didn't dominate, Gold Coast - No ruckmen and didn't dominate.

The game before those walk overs was the game where he conceded 3 Brownlow votes and the showdown medal to Sam Jacobs.

I must admit i watched Paddy pretty closely in the Collingwood game and he was really puffing and looked like he was only just making it to a number of the stoppages, which i thought was strange as he was predominantly up against Mason Cox.

The entire team didn't show up for that game. I wouldn't be holding that solely on Ryder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back