GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
Went down to the game on Saturday night, like most of you. I got to chat with a few of our injured players, notably Steve Johnson, Shannon Byrnes, Will Slade (whom I didn't ask about his osteitis pubis) and James Allan when I asked for their autographs.
I asked Johnno how his ankle was holding up at the moment and at what stage he's at in his training. Johnno said he should be back playing in a couple of weeks time, of course I'd doubt Thommo and co. would slot Johnson back into the side anyhow. He says he's progressing well in running work, and is looking to get back to full training soon as, I quote, "watching from the sidelines really sucks".
Asked Byrnesy how his hamstring was and just how serious it was. Shannon says his hamstring was just pulling up a little sore and strained. Shouldn't be too serious IMO, he was walking fine if you ask me. Says with the 2 week break, he'll be up and raring to go by round 1 of the Premiership Season.
Last of all I met James Allan (The bloke really is quite small). I asked him for his autograph and how he was progressing from his knee injury. Said his knee's fine so far and he got through half a match in the VFL earlier that day. Also stated that he's looking to get through a full game next weekend. Good news, seems that Jimmy is finally starting to hit some match fitness.

P.S: I also got to chat with one of our bench people and when I pointed out that Mark Thompson was out on the ground the bloke called Thommo a "f*****" :D . I asked him why he thought that and he replied, "I don't like the bloke. He's been following me from the Kangas (Assistant Coach), to the Bombers (Assistant Coach), and now to Geelong" :p . Looks like Bomber isn't all that popular down at the bench!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back