Injury Injury Watch 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still impressed when Sloane played with a mask.

View attachment 1099304

This is the same guy for me that stopped a smug campaigner from potentially claiming a flag back in 2017 when he left us for nothing. Always has my respect.

GrandioseAdmiredBasenji-max-1mb.gif

Get well soon Rory. :thumbsu:
Best bump in the history of the Crows. Hope Sloane gets back and give Danger another one!

They can do spot-welding with a laser, can't they?
Not my field, but if they're quoting 2-4 weeks, I doubt it to be of major concern. Though I would think it's more likely at least a month off, 2 weeks seems to be a bit too hopeful for a significant eye injury.

Closely followed by Ricciuto on Kemp. I think I saw Kemps spirit fly up to heaven before he hit the ground.
Wakelin's hit on Bickley's hand was pretty rough. I think IIRC Bickley broke it.

:$

Injury list as of Tuesday, April 13
Shane McAdam (SC joint) test
Brodie Smith (knee) test
Rory Sloane (eye) 2-4 weeks
Matt Crouch (groin) 3-5 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 7-9 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 8-10 weeks
Mitch Hinge (shoulder) season
Wayne Milera (knee) season

Sloane out for 2-4 weeks after surgery done for a detached retina.

Just when he's getting into some sort of rhythm, another injury setback to Sloaney. In the past few years since 2017, he's had the following:
- appendicitis
- Lisfranc injury
- ankle sprain
- hamstring strain
- concussion
- eye injury requiring surgery

When was the broken jaw? Thought it might have met the time frame.

When was the broken jaw? Thought it might have met the time frame.
Had to look it up. Broken jaw in 2011, 10 years ago! Also a broken thumb around then too.
By the time Sloaney retires, he'll be in the running for Guinness record of highest amounts of AFL injured body areas.

Had to look it up. Broken jaw in 2011, 10 years ago! Also a broken thumb around then too.
By the time Sloaney retires, he'll be in the running for Guinness record of highest amounts of AFL injured body areas.

Just googled and cross-referenced footywire, 2015 he did it in early May and then again late June. Fractured cheekbone it was.

Just googled and cross-referenced footywire, 2015 he did it in early May and then again late June. Fractured cheekbone it was.
I didn’t check injuries in years 2012-2016. So he fractured his jaw/cheek 3 times? Need to check this again, if true, that must be some sort of record for facial fractures on separate occasions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Davis (foot) TBC
Rory Sloane (eye) 2-3 weeks
Matt Crouch (groin) 3-4 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 7-8 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 8-9 weeks

Ben Davis (foot) TBC
Rory Sloane (eye) 2-3 weeks
Matt Crouch (groin) 3-4 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 7-8 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 8-9 weeks
Sloane still 2-3 weeks... 2 weeks after the initial injury was diagnosed as being 2-3 weeks.

Sloane still 2-3 weeks... 2 weeks after the initial injury was diagnosed as being 2-3 weeks.

Matt's injury turning into a repeat of his brother's also. Another mid year surgery coming up most likely.

Matt's injury turning into a repeat of his brother's also. Another mid year surgery coming up most likely.
Better to get it right than devalue his value playing injured. Likely both parties agreed on this to ensure a win win for both at season's end.

Roo said on the radio this morning that they are hoping for the Showdown and if he’s not quite right for that he will be definitely good to go for the West Coast game the week after.

Roo said on the radio this morning that they are hoping for the Showdown and if he’s not quite right for that he will be definitely good to go for the West Coast game the week after.
They said 2-4 weeks when he was first injured 2 weeks ago. They're still looking at 2-3 weeks.

I get that it's hard to predict recovery times for this kind of injury, but forgive me if I take any hopes/expectations for return dates with a grain of salt.

They said 2-4 weeks when he was first injured 2 weeks ago. They're still looking at 2-3 weeks.

I get that it's hard to predict recovery times for this kind of injury, but forgive me if I take any hopes/expectations for return dates with a grain of salt.
I had a mate who had a very similar (sounds almost identical) eye/detached retina injury recently. Lying on his side without moving except for toilet breaks for a whole week nearly drove him crazy. Once that week is past one can move around cautiously, and then things start to pick up fairly quickly, but one still should not place undue pressure on the body too quickly. I think the time frame they are stating seems about right as I had a fair bit to do with this guy during this time. Within a few weeks he was back to his plumbing business and after a month was digging and carrying on pretty much as usual, but going too quick is dangerous.

Is there a chance Crouch doesn't play this year? It says on the site 3-4 weeks but injuries like that can drag on a while

Will Hamill (ankle) test
Sam Berry (ankle) test
Ben Davis (foot) 1-2 weeks
Rory Sloane (eye) 1-2 weeks
Matt Crouch (groin) 2-3 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 6-7 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 7-8 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back