Luke Pedlar (groin) test
Luke Brown (Achilles) test
Tom Lynch (toe) ongoing assessment
Matt Crouch (groin) 1-2 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 5-6 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 6-7 weeks
Mitch Hinge (shoulder) season
Wayne Milera (knee) season

Yeah, playing him injured rather than resting him when the injury 1st occurred worked well.

Fmd they just never seem to learn...

5 of the last 6 weeks we haven't needed to use the sub, the one time we did use it is when we took the gamble.
The big gamble was playing him injured the few weeks... which didn't allow the injury to recover & made it worse requiring surgery.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
The big gamble was playing him injured the few weeks... which didn't allow the injury to recover & made it worse requiring surgery.
I doubt it made a huge difference to it requiring surgery, we just did the usual thing where they never consider surgery until there's no other option left. Same as in 2018 with how we could have sent Brad Crouch for surgery straight away but they tried to make him play thorough it, then went for rest and then finally let him go under the knife to fix the issue and it dragged the whole thing out way longer than it needed to.

TryAnHit

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I doubt it made a huge difference to it requiring surgery, we just did the usual thing where they never consider surgery until there's no other option left. Same as in 2018 with how we could have sent Brad Crouch for surgery straight away but they tried to make him play thorough it, then went for rest and then finally let him go under the knife to fix the issue and it dragged the whole thing out way longer than it needed to.

You mean Matt crouch in 2021?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Guess what? All clubs do it. Surgery means a compulsory 2 months on the sidelines, so they exercise all other options (resting during the week, then dropping & resting) before biting the bullet and taking the extreme measure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess what? All clubs do it. Surgery means a compulsory 2 months on the sidelines, so they exercise all other options (resting during the week, then dropping & resting) before biting the bullet and taking the extreme measure.
Guess what... we got it wrong again... because we are idiots!

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gees.....Murphy now out for 8 weeks at least. Bummer, he's been good this year. As much as I hate injuries if we're gonna have a bad year with them this is the year for it to happen. We can't be accused of tanking when we get pick 2 again.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gees.....Murphy now out for 8 weeks at least. Bummer, he's been good this year. As much as I hate injuries if we're gonna have a bad year with them this is the year for it to happen. We can't be accused of tanking when we get pick 2 again.

2 could get us the Horne dude, just need a Vic kid to get close enough.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
McHenry’s concussion did not look good. He’s had one or more concussions previously hasn’t he?

I hope we will be very cautious on his return timelines. Sequential serious concussions can be a career ender.
Will give other kids more opportunities at least. The fact he got up and able to jog off the ground is likely to be a good sign. The worse concussions are likely the ones still barely moving and needing to be stretchered off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back