Injury Injury Watch 2021

Fox reports that O'Brien has been battling a back spasm injury for the last month, but "does not need or want to be rested". This might explain a few things and is consistent with another poster's report of him limping in a supermarket.

1970crow, we need your comments on the O'Brien comments. ;)
Suspected as such.

With Grundy out, perfect opportunity to play Frampton in ruck this week & ROB gets a 2 week break with the bye... problem is AFC are not great at player management.

Hopefully the week off with Tex paying dividends refreshing his form will be repeated for other players.

Suspected as such.

With Grundy out, perfect opportunity to play Frampton in ruck this week & ROB gets a 2 week break with the bye... problem is AFC are not great at player management.

Hopefully the week off with Tex paying dividends refreshing his form will be repeated for other players.

The bye is the week after next.

At this point, you just play everyone until the bye.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Injury list, as of Tuesday, June 8:
Sam Berry (concussion protocol)
Lachlan Gollant (finger) test
Taylor Walker (leg) test
Daniel Talia (foot) TBC
Luke Brown (Achilles) 1 week
Lachlan Murphy (ankle) 5-6 weeks
Tom Lynch (toe) 5-6 weeks
Matt Crouch (groin) 7-8 weeks
Mitch Hinge (shoulder) season
Wayne Milera (knee) season

Talia, Crouch and Lynch won’t play again this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In a rebuild year, this is not the end of the world, so long as we can keep a core group of quality experienced players to support the younger guys.

The question is who of these 3 will be at AFC next year...

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Fair old injury list this year. Add brown and walker to it.
I would have thought it's pretty small compared to some teams, like WCE and St Kilda.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would have thought it's pretty small compared to some teams, like WCE and St Kilda.
Yeah there are some significant injury lists this year. We've had a long one all year and some decent players consistently on there. Means our Sanfl team struggle as well.

Only positive or that it's probably forced us to play younger players more often.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
Nothing surer than tex not playing this week. Big flight and the bye next week and he is sore... that's if it isn't worse than a few weeks, they've only ruled out major stuff, could be anything still

goyoucrows

All Australian
Aug 3, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So what's the deal with tahlia I don't remember reading in preseason about him having a massive injury. I think I remember hearing something preseason that he would be out a month but jeez he looks like he's not gonna play all year.

So what's the deal with tahlia I don't remember reading in preseason about him having a massive injury. I think I remember hearing something preseason that he would be out a month but jeez he looks like he's not gonna play all year.
Delayed surgery till end of last season playing injured & cooked this season.

We should have put him in for surgery last season when it was 1st an issue.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Delayed surgery till end of last season playing injured & cooked this season.

We should have put him in for surgery last season when it was 1st an issue.

That was a knee issue which I'm pretty resolved without issue. Didn't he then have a groin or something that set him back and now it's a chronic foot that just won't get better?

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Injury list, as of Tuesday, June 22:
Daniel Talia (foot) TBC
Lachlan Murphy (ankle) 2-3 weeks
Tom Lynch (toe) 3-4 weeks
Matt Crouch (groin) 6 weeks
Mitch Hinge (shoulder) season
Wayne Milera (knee) season

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Any news on Pedlar's ankle? On the news last night they showed him hobbling a bit and holding his ankle. Said it was a tough session.
Came here to ask the same thing. I'm assuming it was just a throwaway comment to highlight that it was a brutal session.

He's definitely been building since his last lay off, so would be a damn Shane for him to lose momentum now.

No further news is good news.

Rookie
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where is Himmelberg. Didn't play last coupla SANFL games and not on the injury list?

Back