Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Hi di ho good feralrinos.

I remember years ago, there was a column in Inside Football where a feral fan and a positive fan would trade opinions about team's performances.

It got me thinking about our rules about player abuse and persistent negative agendas and how we moderate them to keep discussions enjoyable for the majority.

My solution is to have a dedicated feral fan thread where Carlton supporters can post with spur of the moment passion and frustration, without the moderation and without the arguments and calling out that dominates our match threads and so forth.

I'm not saying that anybody that posts in here is a feral fan, but might just had trouble containing themselves in the heat of the moment. In saying that, since this thread exists, there is no excuse to drag down the tone of the match threads any longer.

Win/Win for everyone and an opportunity to not alienate those who get a bit carried away (in the minds of some) on occasion.

Mods are not excluded from this. Can see Chism giving it a workout if things go pear-shaped this season.

For everyone else, if you don't like reading the content in here ... don't come in here. It's like the opposition banter thread for all intents and purposes.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Umpiring is disgraceful, always has been and always will be; human umpires should be replaced by electronic equivalents,
Journalists need to have their current privilege watered down further so they smell accountability at their heels.
We need a new CEO at the end of the year; regardless of how many memberships he sells before then.

Last edited:
always good to take a peek at a miscreant's recent efforts to reconfirm its ignore status..........

I'd suggest this thread isn't for you.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Had he still been at Richmond, I wonder what our supposed ethics directed CEO would have made of the Richmond recruiter who recruited herself recently. Am gonna guess that he wouldn't have a single objection. I dun think he really has an unhealthy preoccupation with COI. He's a gun membership salesman, I hope he stays with us in that capacity when his current role expires.

Last edited:

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Hi di ho good feralrinos.

I remember years ago, there was a column in Inside Football where a feral fan and a positive fan would trade opinions about team's performances.

It got me thinking about our rules about player abuse and persistent negative agendas and how we moderate them to keep discussions enjoyable for the majority.

My solution is to have a dedicated feral fan thread where Carlton supporters can post with spur of the moment passion and frustration, without the moderation and without the arguments and calling out that dominates our match threads and so forth.

I'm not saying that anybody that posts in here is a feral fan, but might just had trouble containing themselves in the heat of the moment. In saying that, since this thread exists, there is no excuse to drag down the tone of the match threads any longer.

Win/Win for everyone and an opportunity to not alienate those who get a bit carried away (in the minds of some) on occasion.

Mods are not excluded from this. Can see Chism giving it a workout if things go pear-shaped this season.

For everyone else, if you don't like reading the content in here ... don't come in here. It's like the opposition banter thread for all intents and purposes.

Probably best to take this tread down.

We all know that this thread will end up being dedicated to a handful of players.

Not something that we should encourage.

Umpires are s**t..
AFL hate us..
Charlie is a dumb footballer..
Liddle is a glorified merchandise manager..
Barker has nude photos of Jeannie Pratt, how else is he still in a job..
Dow can't kick..
Lang is an abomination of a footballer..
Journos are s**t..
This is all Bolton's fault..

There. I've just covered 75% of the content of this season's thread in one post.

trd.gif

Probably best to take this tread down.

We all know that this thread will end up being dedicated to a handful of players.

Not something that we should encourage.

Nope. Just don't read it.

Umpires are s**t..
AFL hate us..
Charlie is a dumb footballer..
Liddle is a glorified merchandise manager..
Barker has nude photos of Jeannie Pratt, how else is he still in a job..
Dow can't kick..
Lang is an abomination of a footballer..
Journos are s**t..
This is all Bolton's fault..

There. I've just covered 75% of the content of this season's thread in one post.

View attachment 819111

Needs more gifs

Whilst not 'feral', my opinion is the AFLW is the worst 'elite' labelled female sport in the world.
I love watching the W- League.. the skills are genuinely elite and the girls play with a high level of physicality..
I have coached Women's cricket at a district level and really enjoy watching the skills, of which some are sublime..
I have watched and enjoyed WNBL when my wife played..
My daughter has played state level netball and again, the skills were magnificent.

I have no idea how the AFL added 4 more sides, it has diluted the talent pool dramatically. I would say there would be no more than 15-20 elite players in this competition.

My niece is on Fremantle's list this season and jokes that 'she can't kick for s**t'.. Granted, she has only been playing the game 2 seasons having come from another sport.

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
Tipping this thread will be full of JSOS, SPS, LOB and Dow clutter by round 5. I’m steering clear. Go Blues.

Seriously?

Takes all the fun out of the rest of the site.

Fun? People complain constantly.

This is stuff that we would otherwise delete and people don't have to read it, so it can't really hurt anything else.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m still worried about Polson. I think this year is a make or release year for the lad. I’m guessing his best bet may be as a tagger in the Ed mould; even EC took a while to get his disposal and poise to AFL standard. Fingers crossed.

Back